Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[h=4]Lemonade girls didn't have permit, police shut them down[/h]Two girls who opened a lemonade stand were shut down by Overton, Texas, police for operating without a permit. "We were trying to raise some money to take our dad to Splash Kingdom," 8-year-old Andria Green told KLTV. But the girls' mom Sandi Green said authorities put the kibosh on the business. "A code enforcement officer and the chief, she called me to the side and said we needed a permit," Green said.

LINK WITH VIDEO click on the video box below the article.
Lemonade girls didn't have permit, police shut them down

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the video it says the water park will give them free tickets(very nice of them)but I wonder if the government will make the children pay a gift tax? They're also going to set up for donations I wonder if that will be taxed also? Just for the record I would like to send a donation.

·
Administrator
25,101 Posts
My guess is someone reported them. Most cities don't worry about a kid's lemonade stand unless someone calls and complains.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Lemonade stands are a known public problem. We've all seen the chaos they create by allowing these self-motivated kids to sell this stuff to people who are thirsty. Occupying sidewalk space that could otherwise be used....well for wlking I guess. These kids are breaking the law and must be dealt with, no doubt there. In the meantime, while they sort out these scoff laws, feel free to walk down the street, buy mary jane and smoke it in a public park.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the government should conduct a background check on the children before issuing a lemon aid stand permit. You know just to make sure they haven't drawn a picture of a firearm or thought about one and to make sure they've never owned a cap gun. Then call the school to make sure they've never brought a flintstone vitamin to school ect. I'd hate to see kids grow up to use lemon aid money for drugs or firearms.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
My guess is someone reported them. Most cities don't worry about a kid's lemonade stand unless someone calls and complains.
I'd hope so. Legally, I don't think there is a "kid's lemonade stand" loophole. Technically, they'd need a tax license, a health regulation permit (unless it's pre-packaged drinks), and perhaps a structural permit for the actual stand. Not to mention a commercial activity in a residential district.

All laws made for the public's protection, but probably never set up with a loophole for the classic children's stand.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
I saw that story in our local news report yesterday. From what I understand they need a permit because they are selling the product. They are going to try and get around this by giving the lemonade and only accepting donations for it. Now that's the entrepreneurial spirit!
YOU GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, as kids living in Chicago, sisters and I set up a lemonade stand, got a couple of wooden apple crates, put a board on it. Had a pitcher, and some paper cups. With a sign, lemonade 2 cents.

We sat there all day and didn't sell anything, guess no one wants to buy lemonade from kids.

These girls would have been better off to wear dark glasses, play a violin, with a hat to accept donations

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I think we all sold lemonade. ****, I had Mike's Melon Market as a kid. Sold melons oddly enough around the neighborhood. Did lawn thatching and yard maintenance too. Cripes, I'd be considered a career criminal as a kid. When I sold lemonade I told the little kids if you buy 4 you get one free!!! They'd come back and eventually 4 buy then they would say, I want my free one. I'd say, uhhhh no, you have to buy 4... at the same time. Lol...god I feel like dick now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts