Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly big thanks to Xtreme Revolution for the great write up on PCV issues. I followed his instructions and can see the nipple/valve but it looks quite dirty (greasy) not orange/pink/peach could this itself be the/indicate an issue? No hissing sound at the diaphragm so that bit seems to be fine.

I have the below symptoms

- Smoke blowing through the tail pipe along with water droplets even after 20 mins of idling
- Long term fuel trim greater than 30%
- Rough idle
- Loss of power
- Reduced fuel economy

CEL with code PO0171, PO0300

About 18 months ago the turbo,water pump, oil pickup, rocker cover were replaced.

During the recent service the spark plugs were replaced. Could this be the cause if installed incorrectly?

Holden Cruze SriV 2011 AT 1.4l Turbo (Australia) @ 99000 Kms

Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
+2 on checking compression.
Not sure what the code means.
Do you have an aftermarket intake or filter installed? May be worth it to clean the MAF sensor just to knock that out.
My PCV is in a similar state appearance wise. So while it might not be in top shape I don't think it's causing problems yet. Simply removing the vacuum fitting on the manifold may cause leaks as the o-rings deteriorate so watch out for that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your input.

Quick Update - My mech has confirmed that there is no air/vacuum leaks. Apparently the voltage at the secondary O2 sensor was out of range so he replaced it. The car seems to be running a bit better. I'll have to book in again to have the compression test done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The below pic shows the state when the PCV hose is taken off as per XR's instructions
Auto part Muffler

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yikes! Has or does anyone know if you can use seafoam on that with the manifold installed - without contaminating oil or making things worse?

·
Administrator
15,760 Posts
Yikes! Has or does anyone know if you can use seafoam on that with the manifold installed - without contaminating oil or making things worse?
Won't really do you any good. Best you can do is clean it with q-tips and alcohol to make sure it's still there. Cleaning it won't help it last longer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts