Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening. Tonight, I decided to pull off my PCV corrugated hose to see if my check valve still exists. It does, however I stupidly can't figure out how to reinstall the corrugated hose. When I took it off, a rubber o ring and plastic washer came out. I have tried to put them back in, but can't get the hose to seat low enough to put the metal clip back on. Anybody know what order or how these pieces get reinstalled? Right now I just put the hose back on and put the clip on without the rubber o ring or plastic washer. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I had the same problem and I didn't get it seated correctly the first time. When I realized it wasn't seated correctly, I tried again. I put some fresh oil on the o-ring then put it in the hose in the correct spot. Then, I put the plastic washer below the o-ring in the hose. Then I put some fresh oil on the manifold and pushed the hose back on. The oil helped and it slipped on fairly easily.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I pulled mine, it came apart. The plastic ridge became a plastic ring. I was pretty careful after reading about how fragile it could be.

Amazon.com to the rescue!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this is an old post but wanted to add this in case anybody went thru the struggle I did. I followed the suggestions in post #2 with oiling everything including the o-ring. Still could not get the hose to "click" on to the manifold port. I covered the end of the hose with a rag and lightly tapped it into place with a hammer. That got it to seat properly.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,172 Posts
I know this is an old post but wanted to add this in case anybody went thru the struggle I did. I followed the suggestions in post #2 with oiling everything including the o-ring. Still could not get the hose to "click" on to the manifold port. I covered the end of the hose with a rag and lightly tapped it into place with a hammer. That got it to seat properly.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.