Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I read somewhere on this forum that when the PCV is going bad, the car seems to fall on its face when taking off? My Cruze seems to do OK but unless I "tach" it up a little on take off it stumbles and at times does not have much power. Ideas? I have 71K on the car.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Unfortunately you'll need to wait for the CEL to trigger. If it's the PCV valve you won't have to wait for more than a week or so. While you're waiting check your spark plugs and springs to ensure the plugs are good and gapped correctly and that the ignition coils haven't gotten bound in the boots.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Is there any news about the whole freaking PCV valve failure(s) issue? I own two 1.4L Turbo Cruze automobiles, each one has had the PCV/Valve cover replaced at least twice under warranty. The older car I have ( 2012 ) is now off of warranty and it had the valve cover replaced 3 times in it's first 100,000 miles. So, I know it's a matter of time before it fails again...

Now, I also know that there's a issue with the check valve in the intake manifold , that much of the time, the check valve in the intake has failed, and as I understand it, the failure of the check valve in the intake, at least in part contributes to the failure of the PCV valve.

So... what I'm wondering is... has GM actually found any solution to the whole issue?

I've been told by my mechanic that the manufacture of the PCV valve/valve cover claims that they don't see anywhere near as high number of PCV valve failures on any other cars that use a similar PCV valve design... So, I am not going too far out on a limb here when I question if GM has actually found the reason that PCV valves fail so frequently and if they've found any solution to the issue. Or if they've extended the warranty in any way on both the PCV valve and the check valve in the intake manifold?

The intake manifold check valve is actually my bigger concern... My understanding is that the only repair of that is to replace the entire intake, which includes fuel rail ( presumably not at all cheap to do ).

So, anyone got any good news about these issues?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,207 Posts
Check the disc thingy on top of the cover for a vacuum sound if you put your finger over the port.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts