Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I’m fairly new to actually making posts but I’ve had some questions lately so here goes.
I’ve been working a lot on my Chevy Cruze 1.4l 2013, and there’s a lot of stuff that I got told about on a full vehicle inspection, I’ve researched most of and I’m working on it all right now. PCV errors, Sensors, AIS, leaks, Cruze stuff.

Currently I’m working on the PCV system after going thru the leaks and other stuff, took of my throttle body, cleaned it, and as I was going back to clean the area around it of sludge and all before re-installing, I saw some sort of crack on like the inside of the Intake manifold where the throttle connects to, i think I need to replace the manifold and I haven’t even taken it apart yet.

I’ve had the car since July 2019, though I left to boot camp and came back in Late October, left in December and came back mid January and now I’m actually working on it.

Also, I know to check for the cracked PCV Hose and mines the currogated thing is cracked and that means replacing but like does crack or leak relate to the currogated hose exterior or like a full on crack thru whatever is inside the hose? Here’s an image

I do know I’m supposed to check the regulator cap but I can’t turn the car on right now because I’m cleaning the throttle and drained the coolant, might as well work on it the harder to inspect way. I also checked the PCV Check Valves,both very sludgy and dirty and I tried to do the alcohol swab thing but no good, the top valve is impossible to see but I’m sure it’s missing, “instant intake replacement”,and the bottom one I can see the nipple but both the turbo inlet and the nipple hose area are smudged intensely.

Oh and the previous owner did a horrible job at doing the AIS with the whole K&N cold air thing, it was loose around the filter and cramped, especially on the filter side, so I simply re-did the OEM system myself and cleaned the MAF.

Here’s the Inspection sheet that shows the codes

Any and all Feedback is VERY Appreciated, Thank you for taking your time reading this post.
Stay Safe!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,677 Posts
Hey everyone, I’m fairly new to actually making posts but I’ve had some questions lately so here goes.
I’ve been working a lot on my Chevy Cruze 1.4l 2013, and there’s a lot of stuff that I got told about on a full vehicle inspection, I’ve researched most of and I’m working on it all right now. PCV errors, Sensors, AIS, leaks, Cruze stuff.
View attachment 287060

Currently I’m working on the PCV system after going thru the leaks and other stuff, took of my throttle body, cleaned it, and as I was going back to clean the area around it of sludge and all before re-installing, I saw some sort of crack on like the inside of the Intake manifold where the throttle connects to, i think I need to replace the manifold and I haven’t even taken it apart yet.
View attachment 287061

I’ve had the car since July 2019, though I left to boot camp and came back in Late October, left in December and came back mid January and now I’m actually working on it.

Also, I know to check for the cracked PCV Hose and mines the currogated thing is cracked and that means replacing but like does crack or leak relate to the currogated hose exterior or like a full on crack thru whatever is inside the hose? Here’s an image View attachment 287063

I do know I’m supposed to check the regulator cap but I can’t turn the car on right now because I’m cleaning the throttle and drained the coolant, might as well work on it the harder to inspect way. I also checked the PCV Check Valves,both very sludgy and dirty and I tried to do the alcohol swab thing but no good, the top valve is impossible to see but I’m sure it’s missing, “instant intake replacement”,and the bottom one I can see the nipple but both the turbo inlet and the nipple hose area are smudged intensely. View attachment 287064
View attachment 287065
View attachment 287066

Oh and the previous owner did a horrible job at doing the AIS with the whole K&N cold air thing, it was loose around the filter and cramped, especially on the filter side, so I simply re-did the OEM system myself and cleaned the MAF.

Here’s the Inspection sheet that shows the codes
View attachment 287067
Any and all Feedback is VERY Appreciated, Thank you for taking your time reading this post.
Stay Safe!
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Replace the hose. XR has a cheaper but better solution and while you are there buy a fix kit as well. There are three versions depending on what else you may or may not do.

Cruzekits.com

I am not sure about the crack as that is not a clear enough picture, but if it is, buy a used one to save money and install the fix kit.

2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

As for the PCV vacuum regulator on the valve cover, with the engine running, put your finger over the rectangular opening on the circular shape at the drivers rear side of the valve cover. If you hear anything or if the engine reacts at all, you need a new valve cover as it is not fixable.

don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts