Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Not sure if this was previously talked about, but I have no idea what I would be searching for, so here I go.

Last week, I had the valve and cover replaced according to the bulletin for the poor history of these parts.

This would actually be the 2nd time this has been done. The first place I went to was crap and I never really trusted them. IT was an autonation dealership and I do not think they used the newer designed parts. They never even mentioned the bulletin to me. The 2nd place is actually a place I trust. Its a buick/gmc dealership and they mentioned the bulletin to me. I have a good history with them, although unfortunately I have had to visit them 2-3 times about car issues.

The problem is, after replacing the bad parts and fixing the issue, the engine just sounds different now. The problem comes into play when I am sitting between 1500-2200 RPM range and I accelerate/put load onto the engine. It sounds as if you were driving a manual transmission and you shifted into way to high of a gear and you accelerate. The engine just feels and sounds bogged down. Another way to describe it is if I was driving a diesel engine. It just has that rumble that wasnt there before. I can even hear it a bit when playing music at a decently loud level. You can definitely hear it when you turn the music down and talk to your passenger.

I am not sure if the sound is making me feel like the engine has less power in these lower RPMs or if it is actually weaker, but I know for a fact the sound it new. It kind of reminds me of my high school days when I took the air filter cover off to make the car sound deeper when I put my foot on the gas. Of course I had a low per Mazda Protege and it sounded terrible.

Is this something that comes with the territory with the new parts or is there something wrong here?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Dealer may have dislodged the fuel or brake lines while changing the manifold.....if they touch the firewall it makes the sound you describe at the RPM you indicate.

They are very easy to knock out of position.

Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer may have dislodged the fuel or brake lines while changing the manifold.....if they touch the firewall it makes the sound you describe at the RPM you indicate.

They are very easy to knock out of position.

Rob
Thank you. Ill take a look. Any reason why this happens in that RPM range?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts