Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 chevy cruze with 100,000 miles. I have multiple engine codes thrown at me and I took it to a mechanic and he replaced my mass air flow sensor. after that I was on here reading the threads and I came to the conclusion that my pcv valve have a vacuum leak in my valve cover, therefore I replaced my valve cover with the built in pcv valve and now it is spitting out oil when I am driving and has another vacuum leak. could this be caused by my valve in my intake manifold? Please HELP!!! PS. there is a noticeable amount of oil leaking from the hose back to the turbo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The times I've seen the diaphragm in the valve cover leak, it's because the one way valve in the manifold failed. That allows boost pressure back into the crankcase, causing leaks and the valve cover failure. Unfortunately the manifold is not cheap and it's only a small rubber flapper that's missing.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Yes, pull off the corrugated hose and have a look. The check valve is almost certainly missing and will cause failure of the intake manifold again in short order.

XtremeRevolution here has a check valve kit to circumvent the badly designed intake manifold check valve system for cheaper than it would cost you to replace the whole manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, pull off the corrugated hose and have a look. The check valve is almost certainly missing and will cause failure of the intake manifold again in short order.

XtremeRevolution here has a check valve kit to circumvent the badly designed intake manifold check valve system for cheaper than it would cost you to replace the whole manifold.

How do I contact this person to order the kit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts