Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jumped the gun and purchased this from another member on here thinking our 2012 Cruze LS/RS would work with it since it has a USB port. Well I should have checked first. When opened up the center console area I was surprised that there wasn't a PDIM there. Just the harness that the USB plugged into. So I can't use this one. It is for sale for $80 shipped.

Here is the DIY thread. http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/137-...bluetooth-a2dp-bluetooth-audio-streaming.html

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Moved to Cruze Parts for sale. For anyone interested in this mod $100 was the original MSRP for this part. It's going for twice that now on Amazon and eBay as it's getting scarce.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
XR, do you have steering wheel radio controls with the base radio? If so then you have a PDIM.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
XR, do you have steering wheel radio controls with the base radio? If so then you have a PDIM.
Not true, we have steering wheel radio controls and no PDIM.

Here is a picture of where the USB plugs into the harness and not a PDIM. The best thing to do is pull that side panel off and look. I didn't and should have. My mistake.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Which radio do you have? Base or Pioneer. The Base radio uses the PDIM to drive the USB and 3.5mm jacks. The Pioneer doesn't.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which radio do you have? Base or Pioneer. The Base radio uses the PDIM to drive the USB and 3.5mm jacks. The Pioneer doesn't.
How can I find out. I have gone through all the settings and the only thing I was able to find is it is a DB/DD. I plugged in a USB stick with music on it and it plays it.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The Pioneer shipped with speakers in the rear window deck.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure where I was thinking but like my diesel Cruze with the upgraded system which is Pioneer, and it states it on the speakers. Our 2012 Cruze does not and no speakers in the rear deck.

So in all reality it should have a PDIM, but it doesn't, unless it is hidden very well under there. The harness as you can see in the picture has the connections on it for both the cables that would normally go into the PDIM.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Pull the coin holder in front of the gear shift and take a look. The PDIM sits directly below/in front of this coin holder. Looking at your image I can't tell if there's a PDIM in there or not.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did take out the center console cover and coin holder and it was open under there. No PDIM. Just the harness plugged into another harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also purchased a bluetooth pdim. Don't see a stock pdim behind the coin holder. Could the pdim be located in a different spot?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.