Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Cruze lt turbo with a cai and a trifecta tune and I just ordered the pedal commander off Amazon.Has anyone else tried the pc with a trifecta tune?the company says it will work with any tune.The trifecta tune does help with the pedal lag but there's still some lag and I've seen utubes where the pc does what it's suppose to do.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously you've never driven with one. I just installed mine and it has completely changed the pedal response

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Obviously you've never driven with one. I just installed mine and it has completely changed the pedal response
Obviously you're not wrong, I haven't, and never will. I also strongly advise anyone reading this, to never ever even consider one of these devices. Leave the thread right now, take a walk. Do something else.

What that $20 (if that) cheat box does is it makes the ECM think 30% pedal is 60% pedal.

It does not fix any sort of 'pedal by wire' system. That 'pedal by wire' system is done entirely in the ECM and is much more complicated than a single person can hope to understand.

So why is that so effective at making people think their car is better? I'm sure you could write and publish an article on that.

Eventually, your brain will learn the new sensitive pedal and you are back to the old one anyway. Except this time, if you go back to a pedal without the cheat box, it will feel insanely slow and you just start reiterating your false point of "oh this is so much better".

Don't buy into it. Send it back, and if they don't take it just do a charge back on the claim of fraud.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Holy **** those things are $300!!!

There can't be anything in that box other than a few resistors put in parallel with the existing signal from the pedal.

****, I wish I had thought of this... someone is making millions off of these!

PT Barnum was right...

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
I have a 2013 Cruze lt turbo with a cai and a trifecta tune and I just ordered the pedal commander off Amazon.Has anyone else tried the pc with a trifecta tune?the company says it will work with any tune.The trifecta tune does help with the pedal lag but there's still some lag and I've seen utubes where the pc does what it's suppose to do.
What are you talking about? What did you order? The "PC" as you have it fits a Chrysler vehicles and not the Cruze. Did you just blindly buy something? If not you got scammed!!! Try to get your money back or at lease hope you used a credit card!

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,885 Posts
I know something like this (except I believe it was a much smaller, underhood component) was pretty popular with the 5th gen V6 Camaros. Definitely made a huge improvement in throttle response - no longer had the throttle-by-wire lag, from what I heard. And this was from plenty of knowledgeable car guys - not just some random online post.

No idea how it works on a Cruze, but it was legit on those 5th gens...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts