Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitely not my week for cars. First my ECO MT had an oil pan gasket leaking - warranty repair at 71,000 miles. Then, when I went to pick up my son's LS MT (Penguin LS) I heard a road speed related grind, even at 30 MPH with the engine off. The engine sounded normal when revving with the clutch in and the gear shift in neutral. Turns out the throwout bearing is failing at 52,000 miles. GM is overnighting a new transmission to Ed Bozarth Park Meadows and they expect to have the car ready tomorrow afternoon. Before I heard the noise I felt like the clutch was strange but it held and had smooth operation so I just chalked it up to a different overall drive train.

Kudos to Ed Bozarth Park Meadows for finding, identifying, and fixing both of these issues on the first visit for them. (Ok - the oil leak was the third visit but the first two were regular oil changes so I don't count those as repair visits.

The service adviser and I discussed putting in AMSOil synchromesh but we decided that to keep the warranty paperwork clean we'd go with the GM fluid. My kid can change it out in 15,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Pain for you......but on GM's dime.....I think you should count your blessings and buy a lotto ticket.....you're on the 'UP'.

Rob

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fortunately my son is out of state so I have a "spare" car this week.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
Hey OB did you take Robbies advice and Buy a Lottery ticket ?
Yeah I know the odds are even higher to get all 6 .

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up Penguin LS today. It was done yesterday but there wasn't a rush. The clutch pedal is definitely stiffer all the way down but push and release are very, very smooth. Clutch when fully released is now even with the brake pedal. It was higher before by about an inch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts