Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Has anyone on here used that oil, dang that is cheap for 22.47 at Walmart......

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
My local Walmart had it in quarts but not 5 quart jug. Spoke with the manager in auto department and he ordered it in and will be here in a couple weeks.

Reactions: MRO1791

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Has anyone run this oil in their Cruze Diesel yet?

I know it is Dexos 2, but honestly I have not run Penzoil in one of my vehicles ever after the sludge build up I saw in valve covers 20-30 years ago when working in a tire shop...

I'd like to hear from someone who has run it and had Oil Analysis done before I would commit to running it in my Cruze Diesel. According to walmart.com they have 0W-40 at my Walmart, but the picture that is shown is the 5W-30 so I don't know what to expect, but I will check it out next time I'm over there...
My walmart had it in quarts but not on shelf, he ordered it in five quart jug I will try it and for that price ok with getting a oil analysis completed. I saw the dexos 2 on the bottle.

I just would like to buy it and try it, would be super nice to be able to go to walmart and buy oil for the diesel. I don't plan on extended change intervals. They also have rebate of 2 bucks a quart for a max rebAte of 48. I can't see why it wouldn't work fine. I am using a Mobil 1 xe super the Chevy dealer used for free changes and have zero problems. I plan on 6k intervals.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
On Friday I checked our Wally World and they did not have it, then Sunday I looked again and they had 3 of the 5 qt bottles for $22.47, so I bought one. I won't need it for several thousand more miles. But I have the oil. Now I need to find a good price and place to buy the filters.
Rock auto for an online source seems pretty reasonable if you buy a few at a time.

Reactions: Chris Tobin

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Rock auto website is pretty easy to navigate, easy to find oil filter, cabin filter, fuel filter, etc. Plus they have multiple brands for each to choose from if you have a preference. I plan to make an order soon, I like have my own little stash of supplies.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Because I spoke with my local Walmart auto service manager we now have this product. I need to buy about four jugs so I can send in the rebate for 10/jug. I like being able to buy oil for my car that meets specs locally.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Kinda looks that way, still an amazing deal

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
So much for the bargain prices at Wally World of $22.47/5 qt jugs, 2 months later... no more qt bottles and 5 qt jugs now up by $3.00/each to $25.68.:dazed052::wave::th_thumbsdownsm::th_SmlyROFL::evil3::eek:hmy::angry::signs006:
by, by Wally World... back to the internet purchases. :th_salute::eek:ccasion14:

I just bought some at Walmart today where can you find it for less than 25.68?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.