Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Has anyone run this oil in their Cruze Diesel yet?

I know it is Dexos 2, but honestly I have not run Penzoil in one of my vehicles ever after the sludge build up I saw in valve covers 20-30 years ago when working in a tire shop...

I'd like to hear from someone who has run it and had Oil Analysis done before I would commit to running it in my Cruze Diesel. According to walmart.com they have 0W-40 at my Walmart, but the picture that is shown is the 5W-30 so I don't know what to expect, but I will check it out next time I'm over there...

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Im running it right now at 78% left on the DIC.
Please report back any findings you have when you change it. How does it look and smell after running it and if you plan to sample for used oil analysis those results would be great too!

Thanks in advance!!!

Reactions: IndyDiesel

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Been running this stuff since last spring when the local Autozone started carrying the 1 qt bottles of Euro L. Had AMZOIL in previously but I like the Penzoil a lot better, it seems to stay lighter in color longer and appears to regen less, havn't documented this though. Been buying most up to this point from Amazon for best price as it hasn't been available at the local Wally world stores... yet.

Note, 90% of my miles are hwy 60- 70 mph, that is 60 miles each way to and from work with a few local miles.
What change interval are you running? Have you had analysis done?

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
On Friday I checked our Wally World and they did not have it, then Sunday I looked again and they had 3 of the 5 qt bottles for $22.47, so I bought one. I won't need it for several thousand more miles. But I have the oil. Now I need to find a good price and place to buy the filters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.