Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always on the look for new oils available locally at great prices. I store in the Twin Cities Metro area had 5 quart jugs of Pennzoil Euro L 5W-30 on the shelf. This store went through an entire store refresh last summer. Maybe this is a new product being stocked nationally. I don't know.

I was a bit surprised. I believe the price tag below it is for conventional oil, and I tried finding a check your price scanner, but I couldn't find one.

With the $10 off 5 quarts on Pennzoil full synthetic this could be a deal for diesel owners if you can find it.

Maybe you guys already know this, but finding specialty oils can be difficult outside traditional auto stores high prices.

Product Yellow Motor oil Plastic Fluid

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone on here used that oil, dang that is cheap for 22.47 at Walmart......
Knowing Walmart it won't be that price for long. Once store managers realize that they can't keep this product in stock. There was only 3 5 quart jugs at the store I was at.

I'm guessing it's going to take a while before people find it, but how frequently will stores replenish stock is another question. If it's on Walmart's web page then maybe it's something they plan on keeping for a while. If I recall they used to carry a 5W-40 Mobil 1 diesel, but this is the first time I've seen true branded Dexos 2 in a non auto store.

You can get the rebate forms on Pennzoils website. They are hit and miss when filling these out, sometimes you have to hound them, but for potentially $12.97 for 5 quarts of diesel oil that's pretty good.

The 5W-30 full synthetic standard oil was gone.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Found shelf full of Pennzoil Euro L (dexos2) 5qt 5W30 bottles at local Wally Word in small town Northern IL US for $24.04 including tax. What a bargain compare to the amazon prices I've been paying.:go: Now I hope they start carrying discount oil filters:3tens:
The same store that I initially found the oil at is doing an entire refresh of the automotive department.

The Bosch Distance Plus oil filters are being clearanced on their way out, and Mobil 1 filters are on the shelf for the premium filters.

I didn't look that closely for applications, but I don't remember seeing cartridge style units, but they were still putting filters out. I'm not sure I'd use the marketing benefits of the Mobil 1 having 20,000 mile change intervals, but for $9.99 it might be worth it if they have the filters I need.

I run the Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic standard 5W-30 in the 1.4L gasser. I tend to like it more than Mobil 1, but Mobil 1 has a $12 rebate on 5 quarts or $15 rebate with 5 quarts and Mobil 1 filter. I've had better luck with Mobil 1 for rebate fulfillment. There's less calls to check on the rebates with Mobil 1. Now that Walmart has the filters, I may go back as the $3.00 off per filter helps.

As long as it's full synthetic, and easy to obtain it works for my twice a year oil change. Which is somewhere between 5,000 and 7,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
I've been to two local walmarts looking for standard 5W-30 only to find this diesel version as the only flavor in 5W-30 for Pennzoil full synthetic.

According to the fact sheet below it seems like this product can be used in high performance gas engines as well?? Can someone help me out with what specs we're looking for?

I vaguely remember reading that Dexos 2 was backwards compatible with Dexos 1, but that Dexos 1 could not be used to meet Dexos 2 requirements. I wish I could find that information.

Is walmart consolidating products? Or is it just a fluke in two stores near me no 5 quart jugs of standard 5W-30 Platinum?

http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/produ...f90ca641e61d/Pennzoil_Platinum_Euro_5W-30.pdf

The one below is for the EURO-L which I believe is the Walmart Product.. Also acceptable for gasoline cars..

http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/produ...uro_L_SAE_5W-30_Fully_Synthetic_Motor_Oil.pdf

A little higher viscosity with this EURO-L product than the standard North American 5W-30. So there's a mileage loss maybe?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
There are links over at Bobistheoil guy for the 2017 pennzoil mail in rebate. They had it up on the pennzoil website a few months ago, now it seems like it's only accessible through a direct link.

I'm not going to turn this into a rebate thread. Pennzoil's not an easy one to get, but it might be worth it if you saved your receipt. That's how one poster is quoting 5 quarts for $12. There's a $10 rebate on a 5 quart jug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.