Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just FYI I picked up three jugs of Pennzoil Euro Platinum at my local Walmart for $17.76 plus tax, I bought all they had, thought they wouldn’t restock but they did. It’s quite the deal.

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Where is that, in states?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Yep, Indiana.

My local Arizona Walmart stopped carrying it so I had to buy it online for about $25 with free store delivery.

So yeah, Indy got a GREAT deal at $18 bucks.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Once in awhile walmart goofs at a location. Or something.

You're story isn't the first story posted.

Another guy got the same cheap deal while the rest of us are finding normal price. As in nothing was on sale yesterday.

Today, online, EuroL is $22.68, Same as full syn, and high mileage full syn. But if i want the dexos, price jumps up to $41. ONLINE.

So, what's the difference between Euro, full syn, and dexos?????

Nice you get the $17 price while i get stuck with the $41 price. :-(

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once in awhile walmart goofs at a location. Or something.

You're story isn't the first story posted.

Another guy got the same cheap deal while the rest of us are finding normal price. As in nothing was on sale yesterday.

Today, online, EuroL is $22.68, Same as full syn, and high mileage full syn. But if i want the dexos, price jumps up to $41. ONLINE.

So, what's the difference between Euro, full syn, and dexos?????

Nice you get the $17 price while i get stuck with the $41 price. :-(
All Pennzoil Platinum oils at my local Walmart are $17.76 including the Euro which is dexos 2. Yikes all I did is share maybe you should look at next time at your local Walmart to see if you can get a great price.

Reactions: pacolino

·
Registered
373 Posts
All Pennzoil Platinum oils at my local Walmart are $17.76 including the Euro which is dexos 2. Yikes all I did is share maybe you should look at next time at your local Walmart to see if you can get a great price.
They don't carry this oil in Canada, I have to look somewhere else.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I've been starting to keep an eye on for sales. I bought a floor jack. Thinking of starting my own oil changes. But I"m wondering about warranty should the car break down.

I'm paying Jiffy Lube $100 roughly. And tired of them trying to sell me air and cabin filters AND radiator caps. OH. And now they want to sell oil filters for an additional $10. Supposed to be the latest and greatest.

PHFFTTTTTT

It's a good think you DID mention it. I would have never known about the dexos stamping actually being on the bottle label. I would have bought the cheaper stuff. As it's on the approved dexos list.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've been starting to keep an eye on for sales. I bought a floor jack. Thinking of starting my own oil changes. But I"m wondering about warranty should the car break down.

I'm paying Jiffy Lube $100 roughly. And tired of them trying to sell me air and cabin filters AND radiator caps. OH. And now they want to sell oil filters for an additional $10. Supposed to be the latest and greatest.

PHFFTTTTTT
As long as you keep all your receipts and keep record of all oil changes that you're doing yourself you should be fine, make sure you record mileage, date , type of oil you put in and type of filter.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IndyDiesel

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There have been very few if any engine failures on the diesel. I have almost zero concern for engine failure due to me changing my oil with the dexos 2 oil.

Reactions: pacolino
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.