Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advanced auto has it on sale. 5 qts with a filter (they don't stock it for our car ) just grab a filter for another one of your cars

·
Registered
611 Posts
That's a heck of a price. Anyone in the forum happen to run this? I'd love to see an oil analysis.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
It's been on every one of my posts with a list of oil for our car in those types of threads.

In VW TDI's it's frankly been the BEST performing low-saps oil based on UOA. Lowest wear metals, etc. It's 36 bucks with free shipping for 6 quarts on amazon all day long. I've been temped to use it but sort of like to keep things systematic and just order AMSoil for everything. Frankly any oil that meets spec for our cars has got to be pretty decent...

·
Administrator
15,613 Posts
It's been on every one of my posts with a list of oil for our car in those types of threads.

In VW TDI's it's frankly been the BEST performing low-saps oil based on UOA. Lowest wear metals, etc. It's 36 bucks with free shipping for 6 quarts on amazon all day long. I've been temped to use it but sort of like to keep things systematic and just order AMSoil for everything. Frankly any oil that meets spec for our cars has got to be pretty decent...
If I'm not mistaken, this is similar if not identical to Shell's Helix Ultra. The latter is what Ferrari recommends for all of their vehicles, for what it's worth.

I haven't done enough research to determine more about the oil than that. Seems decent, but I have my own reasons to avoid all Royal Dutch Shell products.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Advanced auto has it on sale. 5 qts with a filter (they don't stock it for our car ) just grab a filter for another one of your cars

That's nothing special. I know this is a different weight but Walmart has a 5qt jug for 28 bucks. - Pennzoil Ultra 10W30 Motor Oil, 5 qt - Walmart.com

I never buy oil from an "Auto Parts Store" It's always much more expensive, they price gouge it. Go to Walmart or Meijers.

·
Registered
611 Posts
That's nothing special. I know this is a different weight but Walmart has a 5qt jug for 28 bucks. - Pennzoil Ultra 10W30 Motor Oil, 5 qt - Walmart.com

I never buy oil from an "Auto Parts Store" It's always much more expensive, they price gouge it. Go to Walmart or Meijers.
That isn't a LOW SAPS oil and doesn't even look to meet the ACEA C2/C3 standard, so it cannot be used in the CTD. Also, at $32 for 6 quarts (compared to $13 a quart), its the cheapest oil that I've seen that can be used in our cars. Plus, I think I remember reading that Walmart gets a "special" oil from the manufacturers (made for Walmart).

·
Registered
660 Posts
That isn't a LOW SAPS oil and doesn't even look to meet the ACEA C2/C3 standard, so it cannot be used in the CTD. Also, at $32 for 6 quarts (compared to $13 a quart), its the cheapest oil that I've seen that can be used in our cars. Plus, I think I remember reading that Walmart gets a "special" oil from the manufacturers (made for Walmart).
Ahh I didn't even catch that this was the TD section. Regardless 5 quarts and a filter isn't any special deal.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Ahh I didn't even catch that this was the TD section. Regardless 5 quarts and a filter isn't any special deal.
No worries. Happens quite a lot. But for our oil, 6 quarts (not 5) and a filter at $32 is a steal. It's basically half price.

·
Registered
660 Posts
No worries. Happens quite a lot. But for our oil, 6 quarts (not 5) and a filter at $32 is a steal. It's basically half price.
OP posted deal with 5 quarts, not 6 lol.

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Does anyone actually pay 13/quart for our car? I've never paid over 8-something for any of the oils I've used.
I pay 9-something for mine

·
Registered
611 Posts
I usually wait until there is a 30% off sale and buy 10 quarts at a time. That comes to about $9.10 per quart, so $6.40 would still be a huge savings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts