Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm gauging interest if there's people interested in camshafts for the cruze?

We're a new company that's focusing on just camshafts and valve train components. We're trying to break into the market and would like to see if anyone would purchase camshafts for the cruze.

I'd like to thank the administrators allowing us to post this interest thread.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i'd be interested. ^^ are we talking just 1.4T engines or 1.8L too? both? give us some more information as to rather what engine you're specifying. Do you have any demo cars that have your product installed? Dyno? For your very first post with such little information, you're advertisement seems a bit weak. Please give us more information.
Subscribed though nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...which market?

• high perfomance camshaft

• high economy camshaft

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
I would imagine that if these got made then it would be in the best interest of the customer and supporting company to get with the Vince and VTuner on creating base maps together or maybe be sold as a packaged deal. From there it would be on the customer to get a street tune via e-mail, or take it to a shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just wanted to know if there was a customer-base for camshafts. It doesn't seem like much people are interested.

I'd pick the most popular engine for the cruze first, be it the 1.4 or 1.8L Turbo. Which is the most popular?

·
Registered
113 Posts
regardless of the popularity in engine size, you might want to perhaps make a camshaft and have a demo car, do a DYNO then bring some figures. We kinda need something, some sort of evidence you can provide that your product will be good regardless of performance or good for economy. You also have to take into play the tuning and all that. So to install camshafts and to run it properly its going to cost some serious dough. Its not a bolt on kit where you just slap it on and the customer just leaves. I'm interested in your product, but your company has nothing to go on. :(

·
Registered
402 Posts
i dont know of that many people around here that would want performance camshafts. but i will tel you the LSx motors have a huge following for camshafts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would definitely be interested in performance camshafts for my Cruze.

·
Registered
196 Posts
personally, i love turbo'd cars. had a field day with a boosted race car.

butin all actuallity, cost/gain - any downside isnt worth it in the long run. even if its worth 20 crank hp, we are where?

i didnt buy this car to go 12's.

i bought this car to save money in the long run, so later i can build another car capable of running 8s.

its cool that you are wanting to support the aftmkt.
but that drastic of a change (meaning cams) require a tune. so factor the cost of the cams, cost of the tuning platform, and time to engineer a tune, i think that will far outweigh the gain. and if it is, i most certainly think it will decrease the mpg.

im just playing devils advocate.

im not against hotrodding a car, i just dont see the point of getting what may be a minimal gain. unless you like your car to lope.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...and, *that* readers is *why* I asked about an interest in an economy camshaft.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts