Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd be very interested in a performance camshafts. I bought the ECO for the manual + turbocharger, not for the mileage specifically.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...I bought the ECO for the manual + turbocharger, not for the mileage specifically.
...ah,ha! An honest "racer" looking for a light-bodied, performance "capable" vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Depending on where the major portion of the intake back-pressure is built up. More lift and duration may give more flow so perhaps more power less pressure. I am interested in that little bump to in the intake manifold also, i think it is there for turbulence and tumble for good mixture motion (fuel economy), but not sure it really does a whole lot of good on the top end where flow is king.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i really dont see how you could build a much better economy camshaft than what is in it. You already have basically no valve overlap due to the turbo... I highly doubt there is any substantial room for improvement that wouldnt make the car a complete turd.

·
Registered
408 Posts
So I know I am way late in this conversation, but is there going to be anything happening with this, I have the 1.8L, and I know my car is in the shop, but I would not mind maybe squeezing a little extra "safe" power out of my motor. I mean I know I could go with a turbo, and I would probably do something like custom fit a 1.4L Turbo on to my 1.8 and get it tuned, but to be honest I would like to see how much safe power I could get out of my N/A while still getting good MPG's. I mean if Honda can take a B18C and make good power and still get in the 30's MPG range, why cant a Chevy 1.8L?

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
Looks like me and you think very alike. I don't see why we can't have good mpgs and be fun to drive. :cool:
Same here I love this little car cant wait for time trials and autocross event to start up here in texas I habe nine events to go too

Sent from my R800x using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am the same way, not looking for a race car, but would like to pull some more power out of this little car.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
57 Posts
In 3 years or 100,000 miles i will be interested. :D Give us more information though, and keep us posted.
LMAO same boat here. Bolt ons till the warranty goes out than it's cam/header time.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The 1.4 and a gsr, you are comparing apples and Lima beans..... The gsr has 2 cam profiles. I really don't even care to lift my hood anymore, and don't even know if here is variable valve timing on our cars. If there isn't, you can't compare the Honda b to this engine.......just sayin.

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cam-s

So what about camshafts ?
Our Russian enthusiast have developed 3 types of cams: for lower RPM increase perfomance, for higher and universal for all range of RPM.
I want to know how do matters stand at abroad.
So can anybody give me specifications for developed camshaft?
But dyno test graphs is prefer and i will compare with our cams (i am not an engineer) and will order cams for test.

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
21 - 40 of 48 Posts