Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my Cruze Limited with the 1.4L EcoTech engine. I'm a bit of a gearhead (comes from being a Mustang owner) so I'm looking at how I can improve overall performance. I'm assuming there are some common bolt-ons to eek out a few more hp, but I'm really curious just how far this engine can be pushed.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone care to share how far they've taken their own?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just bought my Cruze Limited with the 1.4L EcoTech engine. I'm a bit of a gearhead (comes from being a Mustang owner) so I'm looking at how I can improve overall performance. I'm assuming there are some common bolt-ons to eek out a few more hp, but I'm really curious just how far this engine can be pushed.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone care to share how far they've taken their own?
BNR tune will give the best bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Check and gap your spark plugs to 0.028". Run premium gas. These are two chap methods for picking up about 5% improvement in horsepower.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's a that's a long thread.... Looks like it's an in depth discussion of spark plugs. .028 and...what brand/type won out for top honors?
Swapped mine out with NGK and it seems to like it better. Check out Bad News Racing and you'll see plenty of upgrades for our cars. In regards to your question about intake, I'm currently running the K&N with the injen dry filter. Others may run the Injen and MPFab.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.