Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i have a 2013 chevy cruze 1.4l turbo and want to upgrade the performance but not buy an expensive chip. I'm trying to connect my laptop. does anyone know where i can buy the usb to obd2 chord? and what is the best, easiest and free program to use?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I'd think twice about tuning yourself but that's up to you. Trifecta should be able to sell you the cable

·
Administrator
15,760 Posts
The best, cheapest DIY form of tuning this vehicle is HPTuners, which will set you back about $500. Be advised that this isn't an LS1 or a 3800; the tuning approach is totally different, and many professional shops have totally botched tunes on these cars because they didn't understand that fact.

Do yourself a favor and just buy a BNR tune if you want more performance.

BNR Tune 2011-2016 Limited Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L Turbo

·
Registered
103 Posts
The best, cheapest DIY form of tuning this vehicle is HPTuners, which will set you back about $500. Be advised that this isn't an LS1 or a 3800; the tuning approach is totally different, and many professional shops have totally botched tunes on these cars because they didn't understand that fact.

BNR Tune 2011-2016 Limited Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L Turbo
What he said! Cincy Speed used HPTuner to dyno tune my SS but wouldn't touch my Cruze after I bought it. BNR/EFI Live all the way!

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
574 Posts
there are other great tunes than just BNR I would look around 1st, but for suspension upgrades BNR A+ in my book. I live near one of the places that tunes this car & have had great success in it 1+ yrs so far

·
Registered
116 Posts

[url=http://store.badnewsracing.net/BNR

In regards to your link, in the description, under note:

NOTE: The stock fuel injectors are considered "static" and will spray non-stop at duty cycles of 93% or more. On extremely aggressive tunes we have seen them exceed 110% duty cycle. If you plan on requesting an extremely aggressive tune, it is recommended that you upgrade to larger fuel injectors.

How does that work with direct injection?

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
In regards to your link, in the description, under note:

NOTE: The stock fuel injectors are considered "static" and will spray non-stop at duty cycles of 93% or more. On extremely aggressive tunes we have seen them exceed 110% duty cycle. If you plan on requesting an extremely aggressive tune, it is recommended that you upgrade to larger fuel injectors.

How does that work with direct injection?
Second Generation Cruze

This is the tune you'd want for a 2017 Cruze.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts