Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Phantom Cruze build thread (LOTS OF PICTURES)

26K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  phantomknight321 
#1 ·
Figured i would get one of these going, so ill post some pictures of my first cosmetic mod

Carbon fiber bowties!

Not a big fan of flashing off all of my mod stickers, got the idea from someone else on the forum

Next up, Plasti Dip! :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Not a bad start. Any other plans?

#4 ·
Im debating plasti-dip rims, with blue or red lug nuts. For sure i will be plasti dipping the interior trim, there is some minor scuffs on the piece around the shifter. Also plan on plasti dipping the lower front grill, and getting some fogs

You cant tell in the images but i was in a fender bender with someone (rear bumper) but ive got an RS bumper on the way im replacing it with. After that im going to debadge the dealer logo, LT and add an RS badge and turbo badge, also going to add the RS spoiler

Performance wise it has the reso delete and k&n drop in, next is trifecta tune and muffler delete

Still trying to think of other things to do as well, any ideas are appreciated

#5 ·
Nice job, and I like the campground setting too!

#7 ·
hahaha i like the location of the stickers. i was the one who started that about a week or so ago...its sleeper horse power looks like you got about 5 extra hp there. i am working on an extra 15hp. shhhhh no one knows about it...

Vehicle Car Auto part

Reactions: Epickphale
#8 ·
hahaha i like the location of the stickers. i was the one who started that about a week or so ago...its sleeper horse power looks like you got about 5 extra hp there. i am working on an extra 15hp. shhhhh no one knows about it...

View attachment 11011
yeah you were the one who inspired me! the gains are nuts! hehe :)

That pic reminded me that im also planning on doing some interior leds as well, kinda wanting to try something different as everyone uses blue it seems

#10 ·
I just bought a carbon fiber vinyl sheet from autozone and layed out a square piece over the bowtie and traced the shape, the steering wheel i pressed a small square against the bowtie and traced out the shape it made on the adhesive

#12 ·
I personally prefer the fogs instead of the strips, something about he strips looks out of place to me.

#14 ·
Yellow bulbs ?? Must be a new trend
Agree on the strips looking wrong. Not a fan.

Yellow bulbs are a European thing, I believe it's a requirement actually.

#24 ·
Nice job on the bowtie on the steering wheel. I tried to vinyl mine but it just wouldn't hold due to the texture. I ended up dipping mine. Looks great.

Reactions: phantomknight321
#26 ·
Text Logo Line Font Brand
Well done mate looks awesome. I thought the same thing about the fogs lights but I did strips and they turned out great. Peripheral vision is killer with them too. Interiour LED would be a nice touch too :) maybe a white LED rear bowtie accent would work with the carbon fibre as well... picked up a blue one for $10 on eBay myself... no pics yet but looks great.

Reactions: phantomknight321
#29 ·
Looks good. Curious to see a better picture.

#31 · (Edited)
Actually looks very nice. Good job! I'm surprised LT wheels look that nice plasti dipped. Could have saved my self $2200. HAHA. Next up, plasti dip the chrome outline around the grill. The bowtie really pops when its the only chrome on the front.

You should also throw your cruze up for COTM. You have pictures already. Nothing to lose.

#33 ·
I tried to dip the chrome around the grill this weekend. It's tough to tape off the grill just right so only the chrome gets hit with the dip. I ended up trying it twice and both times when I was taking off the tape on the grill I got a few pieces that pulled up. Being a perfectionist, I got mad and took all of it off. I have a carbon fiber vinyl piece covering the yellow bow tie and I dipped the chrome border. It looked good until I jacked it up taking the tape off.

#34 ·
Thats my big worry. Figuring out how the **** to mask around the outline to dip it.

#37 ·
I did the top chrome peice with everything on the car. Get some masking tape andin small strips, apply it carefully. I ended up doing it twice. 2nd time I took a hobby knife and cut the tape where the crease is. Threw some news paper over the hood and other areas after that and then I was off. Hard part is making sure you get it all exposed and then carefully getting it back off before it dries.

Make sure you do it right the first time because adding masking tape later will cause the dip to come off.

If you want to do the honey comb as well, just remove it from the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.