Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my daughter wanted to listen to her music using the SD card of her phone so she removed the SD card that was placed beside the screen, does anybody have the necessary files like the GPS for example for me to just copy and paste it on a new SD card. Because the people who sold me this car wont give me a new file unless I give them 10,000. I call this pure bull**** and I think that it is too unreasonable to charge Php 10,000 for just the files of the GPS, so if anyone can give me a zip file of somesort to just place it in a new SD card it would be a great help for me :) thank you in advance

For those in the Philippines.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I obviously can't help with this, but are you saying you lost the map functions when this SD card was removed? Is this the same with US Cruze Nav. systems? Secondary question: Why not just play the music via Bluetooth?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes because the files for the GPS were inside the SD card because the last time I checked the SD Card it had files that I was sure belonged to the GPS. I did not know my daughter removed it because I was outside of the car when it happened. My daughter does not know how to use the car's bluetooth so she just inserted her SD card instead.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Wow, 10K for the SD chip? That's more than the price of the entire Nav. option here in the US. I hope someone comes to your rescue. Has Daughter lost her driving privlidges?

·
Registered
296 Posts
@ Chevvy,

First of all, Welcome to CruzeTalk! Hope you enjoy your stay.
Just feel free to browse around, and for sure, you'll learn a lot of stuff about our car and all other non-cruze related stuff.

Anyhow, if your radio DVD/GPS' main menu sort of looks like the one in the pix below, PM me your email add and I'll try to send you a copy of mine.

Although I think you'll need to activate the map in order for it to work on your radio, mine came loaded with PolNav5, bought my Cruze from Chevy Pasig, btw. Anyways, I have other GPS apps that you may want to try, not sure if the maps are updated though, but they work. :)

cheers!
phantom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Phantom!

I also bought my 2012 Cruze in Chevy Pasig. I have the same problem like Chevvy. Can you also help me out get the files?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
10,713 Posts
I obviously can't help with this, but are you saying you lost the map functions when this SD card was removed? Is this the same with US Cruze Nav. systems? Secondary question: Why not just play the music via Bluetooth?
Yeah overseas has difrent options and thats kinda sketchy to have such valuable files stored on a SD card. My portable navi has a SD card with the slider in the locked position and it never leaves the unit, yet it gets corrupted all the time. If their bluetooth is as tempramental as ours, I understand why they didn't use it. Mine will connect(w/o being plugged up to the usb) 3 out of 10 tries.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
I just use a USB memory stick and never have a problem. I have a Tom Tom Nav that just plugs into my power outlet, cost me $125.00 4 years ago and just got 12 months update for $49.00. My car doesn't have inbuilt sat nav and therefore I never have memory problems as Tom Tom is backed up on my Mac.

·
10,713 Posts
I just use a USB memory stick and never have a problem. I have a Tom Tom Nav that just plugs into my power outlet, cost me $125.00 4 years ago and just got 12 months update for $49.00. My car doesn't have inbuilt sat nav and therefore I never have memory problems as Tom Tom is backed up on my Mac.
My navigation company said "we have an update for your unit, buy the newest model released 2 months ago" I lived in DC when they were tearing down major bridges and redesigning everything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I've same problem with My GPS system. I lost my sd card and i need a copy of that so i can put it in my sd card and again use gps system. Please help guys. Also, I've PM Phantom . Please help help help :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Sir Phantom, I hope you got my PM.
I am also in need of the navigation system files, unfortunately. :(
I hope you can also help me.
Or others who have the navigation system files.
Please, anyone? :)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi phantom...just got my cruze diesel 2013 from the bdo repossessed car depot and the navi sd card is missing. I would appreciate it very much if you can share the files as well. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
captiva 2011 gps sd

Hi all, i maybe in the wrong post but just purchased a second hand chevy captiva 2011 but the built in gps card is missing. anyone here who might be able to help me, and send me the files? The gps is originally came with the car the previous owner stated. it is windows ce6 as I can see in the screen. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
captiva 2011 gps sd

Hi all, i maybe in the wrong post but just purchased a second hand chevy captiva 2011 but the built in gps card is missing. anyone here who might be able to help me, and send me the files? The gps is originally came with the car the previous owner stated. it is windows ce6 as I can see in the screen. Thank you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts