Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2013 2LT RS today. I commute 150 miles roundtrip for work and was driving a AWD V6 Equinox which wasn't completely
horrible on gas. I was getting about 22-25mpg combined, I'm hoping the Cruz gets me mid 30s.
Want to add a K&N cold intake for now. Here are some pics. I really like the Atlantis Blue Metallic.

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Congrats! No offense, but a KN&N intake will most likely be a waste of money that you'll never see gained back in MPG and there is no true power gain.

There's plenty of threads on this....save your money :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
10,695 Posts
My post disappeared on me?
Picked up my 2013 2LT RS today. I commute 150 miles roundtrip for work and was driving a AWD V6 Equinox which wasn't completely
horrible on gas. I was getting about 22-25mpg combined, I'm hoping the Cruz gets me mid 30s.
Want to add a K&N cold intake for now. Here are some pics. I really like the Atlantis Blue Metallic.
Welcome to the forums. Depending on your A/C usage and fuel choice, 30's combined isn't unrealistic. There is a sweet spot for MPG but I couldn't find it in the auto Cruze. If you drive like a New Yorker on the New Jersey Turnpike headed for the Verrazano Bridge exit, 30's is highly unlikely.
Congrats! No offense, but a KN&N intake will most likely be a waste of money that you'll never see gained back in MPG and there is no true power gain.

There's plenty of threads on this....save your money :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
OP may be that small percent that likes the sound of it. MPG is trivial as I found myself revving harder and longer on all my cars with intakes installed just to hear the thing. On my Subaru the distinct pitch of the turbo howl guaranteed me 15-17 MPG combined. I didn't really care about MPG since this was the window sticker for the car.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Welcome and nice car/color. I've always been a fan of metallic paint. My cruze is a 1LT with the darker red metal flake as we used to call it back in the 70s. Can't remember what color chevy calls it?
What part of the island are you from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My post disappeared on me?

Welcome to the forums. Depending on your A/C usage and fuel choice, 30's combined isn't unrealistic. There is a sweet spot for MPG but I couldn't find it in the auto Cruze. If you drive like a New Yorker on the New Jersey Turnpike headed for the Verrazano Bridge exit, 30's is highly unlikely.

OP may be that small percent that likes the sound of it. MPG is trivial as I found myself revving harder and longer on all my cars with intakes installed just to hear the thing. On my Subaru the distinct pitch of the turbo howl guaranteed me 15-17 MPG combined. I didn't really care about MPG since this was the window sticker for the car.

Thanks for info, I will hold off on purchase of intake for now until I see my MPG on my daily commute.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome and nice car/color. I've always been a fan of metallic paint. My cruze is a 1LT with the darker red metal flake as we used to call it back in the 70s. Can't remember what color chevy calls it?
What part of the island are you from?
Thanks BU54, I'm from Nassau County. Did you use to live out here? Sounds like you are familiar with the area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats - nice color! I picked up a 2015 yesterday - a replacement for my 2011 which I just LOVED. MPG is really good, but I have just found them to be a pleasure to drive. Hope you enjoy it!

this is my new baby:

11709315_1638166526427036_2474340466951001275_n.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts