Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up my Chevy Cruze diesel. I think I got a good deal with it having 13k miles on it and I got it for $18k. What I found out is they left the previous owners bill of sale and info in the glove box. It shows they paid $30k for it back in July of 2013. They added tint to the windows, nitrogen to the tires and a protective paint sealant.

One downfall to it is from what I can tell it has some damage done to it. Looks like hail to a part of the roof and the back bumper has very small crack in it like it backed into something or something hit it. Of course car fax shows nothing but we all know it is worthless. I'm going to go over it better in the daylight tomorrow.

The 65 mile drive home on the interstate was nice. Showed I was getting 47 to 54 mpg running 70 to 80 mph with it. So far I'm tickled. It has the pioneer sound system and driver blind spot alert, but no cross traffic alert. Back up sensors and camera which is nice. Just wish it had the camera guide lines.

I e-mailed the previous owner. Hoping to find out more about the car. I told him that I don't hold anything against him and would appreciate him letting me know of any issues with the car, so I can take care of them if needed. I guess we will see.

They also took the Cruze Eco off the rear trunk and didn't do a good job of it so I need to get that buffed out.

I'm going to run this oil change about 2k miles and then change it myself. I'll be at 15k then and it will be easier to follow in 5k increments.

The color and tinted windows looks cool. Going to get black reflective tape to put in the front and rear bow ties.

Also added this Cruze to my Fuely. So I can keep better track of economy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the fraternity that is CTD owners. I've put 23,xxx miles on mine since 2014. It's a great highway car and easily beats the EPA combined mileage as long as you don't start drag racing from every stoplight. One driving tip I'd mention is to be mindful of the front air dam that's below the valence. I'm sure it's helpful for aero, but it hangs lower than the standard Cruze and can catch parking barriers if you're not careful, and it can catch driveways if you pull in to quickly. May you have many enjoyable miles ahead. Quick question, what interior do you have? Black or beige?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the fraternity that is CTD owners. I've put 23,xxx miles on mine since 2014. It's a great highway car and easily beats the EPA combined mileage as long as you don't start drag racing from every stoplight. One driving tip I'd mention is to be mindful of the front air dam that's below the valence. I'm sure it's helpful for aero, but it hangs lower than the standard Cruze and can catch parking barriers if you're not careful, and it can catch driveways if you pull in to quickly. May you have many enjoyable miles ahead. Quick question, what interior do you have? Black or beige?
Black interior.

Looking at the "how to" on installing the home link. That is going to be my first project I think.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Congrats on the CTD and welcome to the club! I am curious to see what the prior owner has to say.

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
Congratulations. Got pictures of it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Curious if all the Eco info was cleared at the dealer before you bought it. Good way of knowing how it was driven by PO

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesn't look like it from what it is showing. I would like to clear it so I can track my driving style.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts