Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

*PICS* 18x8.5 inch 245/40 wheels! 2016.5 Cruze RS Blue

41K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  funkyman 
#1 ·
In the first 2 pictures you can see my old 2012 Cruze LS with the stock rims from my new Cruze on it.. When they pulled the car out the service bay all the techs, sells reps, and customers were following it and surrounded me and the car complimenting it :D

At full lock you can't even fit your finger between the wheel and the panel but it doesn't rub so it's fine. I will be putting springs on the car once they come out because it doesn't handle anywhere near as good as the 2012 Cruze.
You MIGHT be able to fit a 9.5 inch rim but don't hold me to that.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Full-size car
Vehicle Transport Automotive exterior Car Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Alloy wheel

See less See more
#3 ·

I got another one because after over 28 repairs on my 2012 Cruze lemon I was never stranded, I was always taken care of, and honestly for a car in the 25k and under range the Cruze since 2012 is hands down the best as far as interior aesthetics' and exterior lines. That paired with the fact I put 100k on my Cruze the last year and a half alone and loved every second of pushing that car to the limit.

Also I pretty much stole the car since I talked them out of almost $7,000 :D

#9 ·
So far after nearly 500 miles of mostly city driving with my foot in it, I've been getting 26MPG. Now if I didn't have my sport tires I would be getting 29/30. I've tested that with two sets of all season tires on my last Cruze.

Honestly I could never drive this car or my old Cruze without the wider sport tires, it makes the car feel like an actual car rather than a floating bouncing tub.

#20 ·
If you do not stick to the plus one / plus two regime you will change the overall diameter which will affect your speedometer / fuel mileage reports and anything else that needs to know the exact distance you have traveled as they are all based on the overall wheel circumference.

Just to expand a bit: plus one / plus two

Increase in in rim diameter needs to correspond to a decrease in the sidewall of the tire. You propose to increase your rim diameter AND your sidewall. This will lead to a greater diameter wheel with a resultant increase in circumference.

Just in case my explanation is confusing - look here.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Rim

#16 ·
You know, I don't even like blue. But this car changes that for me. I love it! Every drive would be like I stole it! Even my GF loves it. Now she wants to trade in her '14 LTZ for a premiere blue and get these wheels and tires. Which exact model of rims are these? As far as the tires go, are you sure those are comp 2's? I looked them up on tire rack and the tread pattern is different (I got the comp 2's from your garage profile). Thanks and amazing job in picking out an awesome wheel/tire package.

Oh, I almost forgot. You mentioned you wanted springs. Well I don't know if these springs lower the car, but they claim to firm up the ride. Here is the website, go through the website and input your car then select performance.

Find Chevyt Accessories in Worthington, OH at Jack Maxton Chevrolet

#25 ·
I am also interested in what the offset of your rims are. You have a good benchmark if you don't have any rubs #1 at wheel lock and #2 vertically under load

#32 ·
Those look good, but possibly a non-US wheel? 5x105mm seems to be an oddball size in the US. I'm looking at some PVD OEM styles that look pretty good. This will probably be what I end up with.

#35 ·
Photos 18 235/40 Micheline

Here are some photos of my 210Hp 240lb/ft:vomit:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.