Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed one of these made by Lund or AVS. The box has both names on it. It uses double sided 3m tape to install, and install was very easy.
I bought this car to use solely as a commuter car to/from work. So, I i drive it exactly 138 miles per day, round trip with 72 of those miles being on the interstate. My previous commuter car (2000 vw golf tdi) quickly began to get knicks and dings in the front end. Hopefully, this will prevent that from happening. I was torn between this brand and one other brand that was on Amazon, and opted to try this one first for the cheaper, $50 price. When I was researching about them, looking for pictures, I couldn't find many pictures. So, this post is to provide pictures of it. I apologize for the dirty car. The AVS sticker easily came off, but it's also engraved into the plastic. At least the engraving is the same color.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Very nice!!!
I have the exact same one, and have had it since 2012! 90 miles hwy round trip to/from home and it's held up really well!
You'll be happy with it!
0620151501a.jpg

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yours seems to blend very well, black on black.

I have been back and forth with one of these hood deflectors. I looked at clear bras on ebay, but from what I can see they don't give protection to the near vertical portion of the hood where it meets the front fascia, which is pretty critical and defeats the purpose of the clear bra if it leaves that part open to rock chips.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Clear bra's works well and protects very good. You don't want to get any of the ones on amazon. You want to find the ones who digitally cut it so it fits perfectly. You can get it to also cover a larger section of the hood. I had it on my 2011 cruze and will be putting it on my 2016 once the weather warms. Its does a very good job. It really protects the headlights. You do need to take your time putting it on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Clear bra's works well and protects very good. You don't want to get any of the ones on amazon. You want to find the ones who digitally cut it so it fits perfectly. You can get it to also cover a larger section of the hood. I had it on my 2011 cruze and will be putting it on my 2016 once the weather warms. Its does a very good job. It really protects the headlights. You do need to take your time putting it on.
Can you analyze this? Maybe I am mistaken. It appears the clear bras do not provide a piece that goes on the front of the hood, see image below:

·
Registered
253 Posts
You better double-check what I am talking about, they all miss the critical portion of the hood that I highlighted...unless I am missing something.

No they don't? Did you search for the car? If you do you will see the cut out covers that area. I had this on my 2011 cruze and it covers that entire area and some of the hood.

·
Registered
206 Posts

See the cut out above. I covers the whole area.
Okay, I have some mental problems here. I was expecting a separate piece, I didn't know the film could be worked around that edge. Looks like a professional needs to do the hood, I suspect a lot of wrinkles or a lot of impatience for us noobs trying to work with the films. Does anyone have experience on the 1st Gen Cruze specific hood clear bra film install?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I did it myself and you just have to take your time to do it and follow the instructions. If you don't have a lot of patience I wouldn't try it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
576 Posts
I want one of those because they look so nice (and the window guards) but I cannot justify spending $40+ for a piece of plastic lol. Wish I could find a used one cheap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I was in an accident a few weeks ago and the edge of my hood got denteted and bent up. After some touch up paint for the rust factor this will cover it up nicely! Just ordered mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts