Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, got a quick question. I’ve got the Pioneer System in my Cruze and am running a PX6 Android head unit. I really want to get rid of all of the bass coming from 6x9’s and put a set of 3-way 6x9’s in. I know everyone likes the front soundstage but I am old school. I like the surround aspect. I would like to get a nice mix out of back speakers instead of all bass.

My question is, as I’ve got the CANBUS harness, etc. Do I have to unplug the factory amp connections then add my JBL? Is it possible to unhook OEM amp and run everything to my JBL amp off of the factory amp connection? I just don’t want both amps trying to run at the same time as the CANBUS harness I’ve got is for the Pioneer system and amp is powered on as if it was connected to factory head unit. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone, got a quick question. I’ve got the Pioneer System in my Cruze and am running a PX6 Android head unit. I really want to get rid of all of the bass coming from 6x9’s and put a set of 3-way 6x9’s in. I know everyone likes the front soundstage but I am old school. I like the surround aspect. I would like to get a nice mix out of back speakers instead of all bass.

My question is, as I’ve got the CANBUS harness, etc. Do I have to unplug the factory amp connections then add my JBL? Is it possible to unhook OEM amp and run everything to my JBL amp off of the factory amp connection? I just don’t want both amps trying to run at the same time as the CANBUS harness I’ve got is for the Pioneer system and amp is powered on as if it was connected to factory head unit. Any help would be appreciated!
Im not sure about the amps im not that savy with car speakers except this cars. I think the amp is in the trunk behind the rear left light. I too have 3 way 6x9 JBL's much better bass and surround like your talking about it can still be overpowering but not like the 2 ways that are in there. The two speakers in the rear doors are like 6ohms and the head unit is 4 so that why the volume is so low.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure about the amps im not that savy with car speakers except this cars. I think the amp is in the trunk behind the rear left light. I too have 3 way 6x9 JBL's much better bass and surround like your talking about it can still be overpowering but not like the 2 ways that are in there. The two speakers in the rear doors are like 6ohms and the head unit is 4 so that why the volume is so low.
Thanks, I figured it out. I ran the 6x9’s directly to amp and used the speaker wires for fronts off the wiring from factory amp as well as power. I unhooked rear door speakers completely. What a difference. Thx for reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts