Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for suggestions. This is the one I am pretty in to...
Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-SWX251 10" Flat Subwoofer with Enclosure 800 Watts: Car Electronics

I think this is perfect for my needs, and this is what I need guidance with.
Stock radio - what connectors, parts, wires and such do I need to make this work?
What are the best mounting places for the box and amp?
Can I make the box removable with some sort of quick disconnect?
What is the best amp to maximize this speaker/box without needing a capacitor or HD battery (although I'd rather do just the battery if needed).

Any advice would be great. A parts list would be the best, or point me in the right direction.
Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not have any equipment.
I am settled on buying this box, I just need help pairing it with the right amp.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. Good input.
What about alpine. Found a 500 watt I think its e series and matching 500 watt alpine mono amp? Of course I sacrifice some space but shouldn't be too much with only one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as goals are concerned, nice hitting, responsive, smooth and low bass. I have had 8, 10, 12" woofers and I love the response and low bass created by the 10".
I want it to bang pretty hard, but not like when I had 2x12" MTX subs in my GTP. I listen to dubstep, rap/hip hop and rock as well. I am also willing to dynamat the trunk for better quality.

This is what I've been looking at:
Alpine SWE-10S4 Type-E 10" 4-ohm subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

Alpine MRP-M500 Mono subwoofer amplifier — 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

From some of the reading I have done, these two should pair well and stay in my price range.

I don't want to go crazy on price. The Type R equivalent in the 10" is almost $200 more. Although I have heard Type Rs before and love them.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the deadener link. I will definitely hold off on the dynamat.
How many tiles/sqf would I need for the whole trunk? This stuff seams easy to install to, unless I'm mistaken.

Don't tempt me to get two subs - in reality, I want the box to be pretty easy to disconnect and take it out if I need more trunk, which happens because I go camping. And it would be nice to keep the sub in there for a camping trip if I can afford the room, which I won't be able to with a 40" long enclosure. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts