Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
For those of you with the upgraded sound system how have you noticed the long term quality?

Ive got the sun and sound on my car and one of the deck lid subs is starting to vibrate (sounds like paper on the speaker) after less then 10000km give or take 6 months.

Its being replaced under warranty but is this something I have to look forward to every 6months?
Just curious more more then anything that's what warranties for.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
No problem with mine and it's always outside. But I normally play it at 10. The most I think I ever played it was 37 and that was only for a minute or two. My source material is always XM.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Although I don't have the Pioneer system on my Cruze, my wife has an Equinox with the Pioneer option and it still sounds nice after over 4 years. We aren't hard rockers (anymore), though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have had zero issues with mine after 2+ years and 30k miles.

·
Registered
69 Posts
mine as no issues either, but I do plan on upgrading the 6x9s

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
No problem on my 2013 w/ Pioneer after ~44k miles. You may want to turn down the bass in the equalizer settings if you haven't already. I made a lot of adjustments to mine from the stock settings to get it to sound good. After adjusting it, I'm happy with it over the base system.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't turn it to loud .. 18-22 on xm 14-20 on my usb because it's louder. Maybe I just have to turn it down a smidge

havent turned the bass down I did turn the other two up slightly but I've never been big into playing with the settings my last car (Audi) didn't really need to be touched for settings.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,880 Posts
Can't say we have any issues. Near 35k miles now, will have had it for two years in May. It rarely sits in the garage.

Reactions: money_man

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bought my 2014 w/the Pioneer system as a leftover last January and blew a 6x9 in the first month, had it replaced under warranty. Just last week the passenger front door speaker started to sound like it is on it's way out at louder volumes. Going to replace it all in the spring with Pioneer Stage 4 components with 2 Stage 4 subwoofers in the trunk. That being said, the 6x9 only cost $39 from the dealer, so I don't think he "quality" Is that great to begin with.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I really like my pioneer setup however I probably don't turn it up that much unless an old school rock song or rap song comes on.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
14 months with my 2014 Diesel with Pioneer and Nav...sets outside and no issues with speakers yet. And they do get used every time the car is driven.

Guess its the luck of the draw...some parts seem to last forever...others live a very short life.

If mine ever fail...and is not under warranty. I'll put upgraded replacements in it. Had to do that with the '96 Saturn SL2 I used to own since new.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
No problems with mine after almost 2 years. And I play it loud all the time. When I first got my car there was a lot of vibration in the back. I thought it might be a speaker, but it turned out that the little plastic plugs that hold the roof liner on the back were not pushed in all the way and the roof liner was vibrating. Pushed them in and no problems since.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
No problems with mine after almost 2 years. And I play it loud all the time. When I first got my car there was a lot of vibration in the back. I thought it might be a speaker, but it turned out that the little plastic plugs that hold the roof liner on the back were not pushed in all the way and the roof liner was vibrating. Pushed them in and no problems since.
Yeah i had that problem with my front speakers. But looks like Chevy offering Bose speakers in the next generation Cruze.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts