Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear deck subs. I have an awful rattle and need to investigate.
Thank you,
Brian

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
I imagine the carpeted cover must be removed to access the fasteners.........how about another thought?

There are two torsion bars that hold the trunk lid up. In some cases, the bars touch when the trunk is closed.....makes a fair amount of racket.
If you suspect this might be it, buy a bit of vacuum hose of a close ID to the OD of the rods.......slice it lengthwise and slide it over one of the bars so they cannot contact one another.....

Good luck,
Rob

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Just disconnect the wires. Easier !

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
It's probably the child seat connector cover thingys.

Also. If you have to ask how to remove 6x9s, or ask what a 6x9 is. You shouldn't be removing them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rob. The rest of you are worthless. I was looking for help, not attitude. I don' want to start prying stuff apart without knowing how it's put together. I have been installing aftermarket stereos since 1976.
Just saying.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
I'm trying to put this together...

Asking how to remove speakers...
Almost 30 years experience...

Sounds like every acclaimed expert I've ever met. I bow to your wisdom.:not_worthy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
fold the rear seat on each side they have plastic snap to remove.The 2 rear pillard are screw to the car frame.Screw are behind the airbab icon and they are snap.and finally you have to go in the trunk to acces the two last screw that hold the rear deck to the car frame located near the center rear stop light.And after all you just have to unscrew the speaker.All you need is torx screwdriver and flat blade screwdriver to remove snap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with Robby. You could also fold the seat down, the trunk closed and look and feel around with the stereo on and find the source before you take it apart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Freddy and Calamity! Great advise! Snipsey, you are still worthless. It was a lot easier to put speakers in the '65 Fury (my first car).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts