Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 with upgraded pioneer. I see the amp in the trunk is there a wire diagram and an easy way to tie into the wires at the stock amp to replace it with an aftermarket amp.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have to agree, I just picked up a 13 cruze with the Pioneer stereo and it sucks. I could do something better from the JC Whitney catalog! Standard set up is better. No amount of fiddling with settings works, Hardly any volume even when turned all the way up and the only sound from the back is muddled base even with base turned down to -7!!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have to agree, I just picked up a 13 cruze with the Pioneer stereo and it sucks. I could do something better from the JC Whitney catalog! Standard set up is better. No amount of fiddling with settings works, Hardly any volume even when turned all the way up and the only sound from the back is muddled base even with base turned down to -7!!!!
how is the standard raido better? ive had both and the standard radio is terrible. the pioneer isnt great but ill take it over the standard radio anyday. little sound from rear doors with both radios

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts
how is the standard raido better? ive had both and the standard radio is terrible. the pioneer isnt great but ill take it over the standard radio anyday. little sound from rear doors with both radios
It would appear that those who don't like the "boomy" sound that the rear 6x9 subwoofers produce would rather have the base system. It seems that it's not very easy to adjust that bass volume.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like base, but not low quality muddy base with a lousy front sound staging. This system sounds very monoish to me if that makes sense. I also just tried a good CD for the first time and the system was much better. I would say the sound quality from XM is the worst with FM sound in the middle. I have tone adjusted for all the modes to. My other cars have Hardon Karmon with suround sound and those systems rock.

I wonder if getting some better tweeters and better 6x9's with dual voice coils would help.

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts
I like base, but not low quality muddy base with a lousy front sound staging. This system sounds very monoish to me if that makes sense. I also just tried a good CD for the first time and the system was much better. I would say the sound quality from XM is the worst with FM sound in the middle. I have tone adjusted for all the modes to. My other cars have Hardon Karmon with suround sound and those systems rock.

I wonder if getting some better tweeters and better 6x9's with dual voice coils would help.
Number of voice coils have zero effect on sound quality. They are usually used to offer additional impedance options for amplification purposes.

XM and FM will sound terrible. CD and Aux will sound better, with USB being best. That's just the way it works, as the bandwidth for XM and FM are quite low. I can barely tolerate Pandora through my phone compared to USB.

The tweeters both play completely off-axis, so the top end will fall off and you'll have less of that "sparkle." Besides that, the tweeters aren't very good from the factory. Then again, keep in mind who you're talking to, lol. I design home theater speakers on the side, so I pick up on everything that's missing.

If you want to improve sound, the first two steps would be to add a front component set and some door treatment. A subwoofer would also be recommended. It is my firm belief that if you want better-than-stock sound, you are much, much better off upgrading with aftermarket components than you are paying extra for the Pioneer system. For that extra $500-$700 that people pay for that upgrade, you can get sound quality that will blow your mind.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Its basically a free option with the allstar package. I guess I was expecting to much from it. GM could have at lease put a little more effort into it.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Its basically a free option with the allstar package. I guess I was expecting to much from it. GM could have at lease put a little more effort into it.
GM tries to give us quality . it is the quality of the made in china products introduced into our assembly plants . pioneer once was a quality company . now not so much .

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
I agree with x.experience with these issues is not for the novice ! doing a bit of research and asking pertanant questions will help you install a decent sound system. trial and error can also get you along too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i found the same with my system but some fine tuning and a pioneer 10" dvc sub from a cobalt and aftermarket amp tied into the remote wire of the stock amp made a huge difference :th_coolio:

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
So we do not have to go over board with the cost of an install of a new system to reach a desired sound quality !
a decent component upgrade is all that I required for the moment.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It boggles the mind to think after SEVERAL years of complaining that the PIONEER SETUP SUCKS! that GM still can't figure this stuff out. My god, doesn't anyone up there actually SIT in one of these cars?

Reactions: jdubb11

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
No!

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
First off ... NOTHING is free! It's just offered at a discounted price when you put multiple options into one package somehow.
Seconly, try out this link. PCRU11 | KICKER I was looking into them, but have the pioneer "upgrade" which is a FAR cry better than the base stereo system, but it's not comparable to aftermarket by any means.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
It boggles the mind to think after SEVERAL years of complaining that the PIONEER SETUP SUCKS! that GM still can't figure this stuff out. My god, doesn't anyone up there actually SIT in one of these cars?
I don't know why they didn't just stick with Bose in ALL their vehicles? I had an 03 Yukon with the Bose system, and it kicked some pretty good @$$! Now, the 2012 Avalanche that replaced the 2003 Yukon actually HAS a Bose system w/centerpoint surround sound, but to my ears, the 03 system still sounded better.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It is still a Cruze guys. It isn't a Cadillac or an Acura. It is an upgrade from the base unit. If you took it to mean it was going to sound like being in the front row of a concert, the test drive didn't last long enough. **** just upgrading the speakers makes a difference in most cases. I do agree the rears do seem muffled a little but I think that has a lot to do with placement in these cars. I could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts