Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although the drive is somewhat comfortable in my cruze, I want a smoother ride. I don't want to feel even bump since I do drive long distances frequently. Any suggestions on what I should replace the shocks/suspension for a "Cadillac like ride"?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Might want to consider an actual Cadillac for that.

A 106 (actually 105.7) inch wheelbase, no matter how softly sprung, cannot behave the same as something a foot longer and 1000lbs, heavier.

They tried 20/30 years ago but ended up with a evil driving car that leaned so far on turns it scraped the chrome off the door handles.

Rob

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
what tires/ psi do you run. I have new struts, that are more performance driven. Currently have 38 up front and 40's in the rear and you can feel the road as you drive. but when i was at 33 all around it was much smoother and forgiving.

so yeah, what tires do you and what psi do you run them at

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, gotcha. Makes sense. My wife's equinox and parents suburban are very smooth rides. Never really thought about it like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what tires/ psi do you run. I have new struts, that are more performance driven. Currently have 38 up front and 40's in the rear and you can feel the road as you drive. but when i was at 33 all around it was much smoother and forgiving.

so yeah, what tires do you and what psi do you run them at
I'm just running the stock tires on the eco trim. At 38 psi front and 40 in back like you. I'll give it a shot lowering the psi. I remembered test driving it and it was super smooth and the psi was around 35. I just thought after putting 32k miles on it in a year and a half I may have worn em down a bit.

·
Registered
481 Posts
What trim level do you have? If you have a 2lt or ltz I believe you can swap to the ls/lt suspension for a touch more softness. There is likely someone willing to help lessen the blow to your wallet by trading. But you might still need to replace the struts and shocks depending on the mileage on theirs...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts