Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who always reply to my mod questions even though I haven't done any of them yet, thank you lol. So the place where I'm getting the windows is booked till my appointment on the 26th. Then ill plasti dip my bowties. My question is, do I plasti dip the hubs? Not the emblems obviously. I just don't know if it'll match with the color. Atlantis Blue metallic. Opinions? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Do it, they look just fine dipped black. They're no set of wheels, but look better than the silver hubs. Make sure to keep em clean and the wheels clean and you'll be good.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two polar opposite responses lol. Iroczilla they look sick as can be on your car but it's white. Do you think they'd look tacky on atlantis blue metallic?

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
First off, we got an Atlantis Blue Cruze LTZ in at my work and I love that color, usually not too fond of blue but that color is nice!

If you are already planning on dark tint, black bowties, and are going to be rocking steelies for awhile then I think it would look fine. Like I said, keep em clean and keep your tires clean, you'll be good.

As for getting wheels, I think polished aluminum looks badass with that blue. Almost like Jakkaroo's car, different blue, but the wheels look great.

The worst that can happen if you don't like it, is you peel it off. The wonderful world of plasti dip is very forgiving.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Give it a shot. If you don't like it, remove it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First off, we got an Atlantis Blue Cruze LTZ in at my work and I love that color, usually not too fond of blue but that color is nice!

If you are already planning on dark tint, black bowties, and are going to be rocking steelies for awhile then I think it would look fine. Like I said, keep em clean and keep your tires clean, you'll be good.

As for getting wheels, I think polished aluminum looks badass with that blue. Almost like Jakkaroo's car, different blue, but the wheels look great.

The worst that can happen if you don't like it, is you peel it off. The wonderful world of plasti dip is very forgiving.
Thanks for your responses man. How well does the dip hold up on yours? Like with car washes and everything. And how clean does it come off if you don't like it? Lastly, did you dip your hub bolts too? I can't tell from your pic

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Thanks for your responses man. How well does the dip hold up on yours? Like with car washes and everything. And how clean does it come off if you don't like it? Lastly, did you dip your hub bolts too? I can't tell from your pic
Using an even coat and doing 3 coats, it peels off in big chunks. If you do decide to peel it off and it's a little more trouble you can buy Goo Gone, sold at Target/WalMart/Home Depot/etc, and it almost melts it off haha. It's definitely some strong stuff and can hold its own against a pressure wash.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Using an even coat and doing 3 coats, it peels off in big chunks. If you do decide to peel it off and it's a little more trouble you can buy Goo Gone, sold at Target/WalMart/Home Depot/etc, and it almost melts it off haha. It's definitely some strong stuff and can hold its own against a pressure wash.
Thanks man ill check it out. If nothing else ill just do one side with a coat or 2 and if I like it just finish up the job with 3 coats all four. I saw your signature has the roof of the cruze blacked out. Did you do a dip or a winyl or something?

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Thanks man ill check it out. If nothing else ill just do one side with a coat or 2 and if I like it just finish up the job with 3 coats all four. I saw your signature has the roof of the cruze blacked out. Did you do a dip or a winyl or something?
It's vinyl wrapped. Currently carbon fiber vinyl, soon to be gloss black.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I removed the plastic bolts before doing the hubs on my car. Im going on 6 months/9000 miles and they are perfect. I go through car washes at least twice a month.

·
10,711 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts