Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, so i just finished dipping my back bowtie, which came out great, so i moved on to the front one, and had a harder time getting this one to come out fight, first the dip nozzle had clogged quick, and when it finally sprayed out it looked almost clumpy, and after hitting the emblem with a couple of layers i noticed that some lines of clumped dip had built up on the emblem, so i had to wait for it to dry up and removed it completely, so idk whats up, maybe its weather, its a little cold out, but i had no issues with the back emblem, appreciate the feedback guys, thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
yeah probably weather related or user error LOL

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha, yeah, i know what u mean, the weather is unusually cold today in south Texas, and now its breezy as ****, sucks i don't have a garage to work in, o well, might need to save this for another day

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well here is Canada we got Snow on the ground and its cold. Can't wait for summer.

Reactions: beeztee

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure if you have already fixed the problem or not but it being cold shouldnt be that much of a problem unless your below freezing lol. I did my plasti dip in 30 degree weather and it worked just fine. You stated that the nozzle was slightly clogged and caused clumping on the emblem, so i would clean the nozzle and back up a few inches and try again. if you spray to close to the emblem the dip will clump trust me. lemme know how it goes im pretty good at plasti dipping.

·
Registered
128 Posts
When done spraying, always turn can upside down and spray for a few seconds so you only see a clear mist shoot out. If nozzle still clogs, take nozzle off and soak in paint thinner for a few mins. Never stick anything in nozzle to clear clog as it will destroy the sprayer with the way it spreads the paint....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try putting the spray can in hot water between coats. That should stop the dip from clumping up when you spray.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
You guys did not ask smurfenstein this ? .... He is the resident expert on plasti dipping the cruzen.
Give him a shout out at his new address..the one with the new Honor badge he drew up in his spare time between his plasti dipping peoples cars . You should see his steady handed multi colored creations of all sorts.....
Now if we can only get him to come off of that darn snow , he might just get 2 beer cans.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Just wipe the the nozzle off after each use and shake the can before each use. No clump and no crappy nozzle clogs. Always test spray on something else before you start on your intended target.

I don't recommend putting the nozzle in paint thinner. I don't recommend spraying it upside down either. You might be helping to remove the clogs but you're ejecting your propellant which is needed.

The art of the rattle can is...well an art! You need practice. Luckily plastidip is very forgiving. Be sure to thoroughly clean the emblem first and use even swipes, don't hold the can on one spot for too long. If it's running because of gravity, hit it once or twice then wait 2 minutes and do another pass or two. repeat until done.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Dang ............Smurf must still be up on that darn snow covered mountain...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts