Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a chance to do my rims over the weekend. Was a little bit windy so i had to move it into the garage but still worked out pretty good.

Here's some pictures. It'll look nicer once i clean the tired and shine em up. Wanted to let it harden for a few days before i played with it.

Any question let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you put a gloss on them, or leave them the flat black? Hard to tell in the pic's.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Flat

Sent from my DROID X2

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Those look amazing on the red cruze. I really want to see someone plasti-dip the rims on the autumn metallic cruze.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those look amazing on the red cruze. I really want to see someone plasti-dip the rims on the autumn metallic cruze.
Yeah I'm really liking it. Thought about keeping the lip right by where the rim connect to the tire silver... but would've have been way to hard, along with if i was off a little bit would have looked warped. Might switch to red bow ties in the middle still debating on that though.

Alot easier then i though just really time consuming.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
You could try painting your lug nuts red, and then blacking out the center cap & bowtie, but paint the raised outline of the bowtie red. No one has done this so far as i know, and i've been dying to see someone do it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could try painting your lug nuts red, and then blacking out the center cap & bowtie, but paint the raised outline of the bowtie red. No one has done this so far as i know, and i've been dying to see someone do it.
Not a bad idea... although i'm gonna wait to see what they come back looking like after the dealer does it's maintenance on them. I'm gonna tell them to go easy with the fun.. but who knows.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
It should be fine, plasti-dip is really durable and the only place that should peel is where it comes in contact with the lug bolts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts