Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
To get back on subject lol

I haven't heard or seen anyone on CT to have their whole Cruze dipped.

But if you still want to, you will either need a bunch of cans of dip (10-15) and durable fingers. But you will prob have a lot of inconsistency.(tiger stripes, grainy texture, runs)
Doing stripes or wheels is a lot easier than doing the whole car.

Or you can buy the kit that comes with a Wagner electric spray gun and 3 gallons of dip. Believe is around $300 off the Dipyourcar website.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
To get back on subject lol

I haven't heard or seen anyone on CT to have their whole Cruze dipped.

But if you still want to, you will either need a bunch of cans of dip (10-15) and durable fingers. But you will prob have a lot of inconsistency.(tiger stripes, grainy texture, runs)
Doing stripes or wheels is a lot easier than doing the whole car.

Or you can buy the kit that comes with a Wagner electric spray gun and 3 gallons of dip. Believe is around $300 off the Dipyourcar website.
If I could borrow my grandparents garage, and if I had $300 to throw away at something other than performance upgrades, I'd be more than willing to do so.

EDIT: On second thought, I'm selling my old computer soon, and I honestly might just go for it for the sake of the forum and so others can see the outcome to decide if its really worth it or not. Besides, I've always wondered what a 100% murdered Cruze would look like.

Reactions: cronyjabrony

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
**** it! If you are mad enough to do it, I want to see how it turns out!

EDIT: Oh, for <crow call>s sake, I *knew* that Americans were pretty pathetic when it came to language, but censoring "a wall that retains water" with an "en" after it?!?!?!

Better not come to Oz, the language that the sprogs use in kindy will burn your ears off!

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Ok guys, i'm getting set on doing this the more I think about it. My only question is, if I do dip my car, will I have to report it to the state/DMV or will it be fine with just dipping it and driving like nothing happened? I know California laws cqn be stupid, and I'm going to need to know this info when I approach my parents to say i'm doing it lol.

Reactions: grs1961

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Ok guys, i'm getting set on doing this the more I think about it. My only question is, if I do dip my car, will I have to report it to the state/DMV or will it be fine with just dipping it and driving like nothing happened? I know California laws cqn be stupid, and I'm going to need to know this info when I approach my parents to say i'm doing it lol.
When my dad first moved to LA to start a life back in the early 90s, he bought a Toyota pickup truck that had a different color on every panel of the car. Never got pulled over for it...

I think it would look great if you manage to lay it on evenly (that's really the difficult part), and it might be annoying to maintain it on the front end, but it would be fun.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Alright then, I'm getting the money for my old imac in the next 2-3 days and i'll ask for an advance on my allowance so I can order the kit from dip your car. Then I play the shipping waiting game lol. Its probably going to look crazy with my matte black rims, and hey, if I fall in love with it I'll save up and have it vinyl wrapped.

Might also plastidip my rims gold/bronze and get black lug nuts or something to spice it up ;)

EDIT: I have an overwhelming feeling that once I have the kit and the sprayer, I'm going to end up investing $100-400 into various quarts/gallons of colors of plasti-dip so that I can rock a different body and/or rim color every 6 months or so -_-.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Now that's something that hadn't occurred to me! And it probably never would have.

The stuff is not permanent, change is possible!
Exactly, but in the sense that because I can take it off if I mess up or don't like the color so that I'm free to experiment and try out some combos that I have in my head.

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
Also for this project :)

I would subscribe to Dipyourcar YouTube channel and watch every video so you get the technique down since its the most important part of it.

Also a pace where no wind is present will be needed. Like a garage.

Good luck and looking forward to progress

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Also for this project :)

I would subscribe to Dipyourcar YouTube channel and watch every video so you get the technique down since its the most important part of it.

Also a pace where no wind is present will be needed. Like a garage.

Good luck and looking forward to progress
I have a friend whos dad owns a local powdercoat/paint shop. I'm probably going to see if he'll do it for free at his dad's shop or just have him give me pointers and do it in my grandparent's garage (2 car garage). I've already gone through enough of their videos to know how to work with the plasti-dip, now I just need to convince my parents to let me do it before ordering the kit xD.

I'm also looking at jacking my car up and put it on stands when plasti-dipping it, so I can remove my rims and paint them gold/white to work better with the matte black paint job and save time. I'm still not exactly sure which color.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Well, after talking to the parental units, the ending conclusion is, "not now". So unless someone else is willing to take the plunge on the car kit I probably wont be able to do it for a couple months, or at least until summer/fall. I'm actually looking into doing something custom in terms of the intake on my Cruze, but that will be another story for another day. In the mean time I'll be completing the rally look and saving up for coils/exhaust.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well, after talking to the parental units, the ending conclusion is, "not now". So unless someone else is willing to take the plunge on the car kit I probably wont be able to do it for a couple months, or at least until summer/fall. I'm actually looking into doing something custom in terms of the intake on my Cruze, but that will be another story for another day. In the mean time I'll be completing the rally look and saving up for coils/exhaust.
haha parents. i had a whole argument with them about just removing the hubcaps

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.