Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea where I first saw them (Mustang maybe?) but once I saw the look of the Cruze with the pit stripes I knew I had to replicate it just to see how it looks on my car. So with some Plastidip, painter's tape, and newspapers in hand I set off to make my imagination a reality! (Keep in mind this is only my second time plastidipping my car)

With my OCD it took me quite a while to get the size and distance from each other just right.

Maybe? No.

Ah here we go! The final product all covered up with newspaper ready to dip!

Shortly after applying the dip I carefully removed all the tape and newspaper and here's what I was left with:

I got a teeny bit of overspray on the hood and tires but a quick rub with a microfiber cloth fixed that

I really like them even though the second stripe had a tad bit of running but hey that's the glory of plastidip, if you mess up just let it dry, peel, and redo!

The best part? It only cost me $7 to do this: ($6.50 for the dip, free newspaper, $0.50 worth of painter's tape)

Might redo the second stripe next weekend but for now I'm loving them! :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im torn about this. I like them but maybe not with the pin stripe. Maybe a different color? I just don't know. Your car looked great as it was. As far as execution goes I think you did a great job, being your second time and all. I just don't know. lol.
I know lol I was debating whether or not to put tape over the pinstriping but thought that would give the plastidip another edge and that could lead to premature peeling.

Reactions: REDemption

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. I was thinking about doing some flat black on mine. Especially now that someone hit my drivers side fender with their door in a parking lot.
Do you need help burying the body? Because that's what would happen if someone did that to me*.

*jk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.