Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install an amplifier in my 2015 cruze. I have all the wires ran, the amp is all set up and powers on, I just need to figure out the RCA cables and the remote wire. I purchased a PAC AA-GM44 with the understanding that this would give me RCA outputs for my stereo so that I could connect my amp to the stereo.

Problem is, I can't figure out how to install the PAC correctly. I know it connects to my normal wiring harness, then to the back of my stereo. There's another piece to the adapter, which i can't figure out. I tried hooking the RCAs up and tested the amp but there's clearly no audio signal getting to the amp. There are 3 unused wires at the same end of the PAC as the RCAs. I'm guessing I need to do something with those but I really need someone that knows how this is supposed to be set up.

The first picture attached is the stock image of the PAC AA-GM44 that I have. The second is a picture of the wires of the PAC that I can't figure out.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice. Adapter Cable Electronic device Technology Electronics accessory Electronics Finger Wire Hand Technology

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install an amplifier in my 2015 cruze. I have all the wires ran, the amp is all set up and powers on, I just need to figure out the RCA cables and the remote wire. I purchased a PAC AA-GM44 with the understanding that this would give me RCA outputs for my stereo so that I could connect my amp to the stereo.

Problem is, I can't figure out how to install the PAC correctly. I know it connects to my normal wiring harness, then to the back of my stereo. There's another piece to the adapter, which i can't figure out. I tried hooking the RCAs up and tested the amp but there's clearly no audio signal getting to the amp. There are 3 unused wires at the same end of the PAC as the RCAs. I'm guessing I need to do something with those but I really need someone that knows how this is supposed to be set up.

The first picture attached is the stock image of the PAC AA-GM44 that I have. The second is a picture of the wires of the PAC that I can't figure out.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice. View attachment 239978 View attachment 239986
Those need hooked up. Black = ground, Yellow = switched power, Blue is remote for amp.

Mine wouldn't send a signal to the amp so I ran it from fuse 7 iirc with a fuse tap to the remote wire terminal on the amp.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those need hooked up. Black = ground, Yellow = switched power, Blue is remote for amp.

Mine wouldn't send a signal to the amp so I ran it from fuse 7 iirc with a fuse tap to the remote wire terminal on the amp.

Hope this helps.
Thanks! I'll try to hook up those three wires tonight, I'll try using the blue remote wire and if it doesn't work I'll get a fuse tap like you have done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't use any of those wires on the PAC-LOC. I just used the add a fuse for my remote wire and all is working well.
This is why I'm confused. I've seen where other people said they did the same but when I tried to test everything I had no sound to my amp. I did check to make sure the amp was on and everything. Do you have any clue why it wouldn't have worked for me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out it was just me being an airhead. As ashamed as I am to admit it, I apparently forgot to hook the other end of my RCA cable to the amp. Duh...
So I did not have to hook up the black, blue or yellow wire since I am not planning on hooking the remote wire on the amp to the PAC.
Thanks for the info everyone!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Glad to hear you figured it out. I had my sub amp all connected up and it just would not turn on. Turns out I mixed up the pos and neg wires to my amp. Luckily my airhead moment only blew a couple of fuses on the amp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts