Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I have came to the form to ask for advice on a strange situation. I recently did a head gasket job on my 2012 Cruze 1.4l, usual head job but it was sitting around for about 8 months before I took it apart. replaced the head, water pump & outlets, thermostat, valve cover etc etc. I put everything back together and triple checked all my connections, but when I go to start it all I hear is the starter pinion pushing out (click) but it doesn’t spin/crank! So I think maybe the starter is bad, so I replaced it. Same thing! Then I buy a new battery and new ground cable, and it happens again! Switched the fuses and relays around too, I can hear the fuse box relay clicking before the starter engages, but it sounds like it just doesn’t want to turn over. The engine is free and easy to turn over by hand, so I don’t know what it could be now! Please any help will be appreciated greatly! I Was so excited to drive it after the rebuild and I got nothing.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,664 Posts
Which ground cable did you replace? There is more than 1.

I would start by making sure all of the grounds are good to go and then consider splitting the engine fuse box to see if there is corrosion on any of the pins. While you are there you can pull the ECM plug just to look at the connections.

Service Bulletin - NHTSA SB-10057574-8899
Clean the Terminals
Extra stuff:
How-To: Installation of the Big 3 Cruze Kit
Cruze Battery Upgrade Options

If any corrosion is present on the connecters, use a plastic or possibly brass brush with some contact cleaner to remove it. Once done, spread a light coat of dielectric / silicone grease on the connectors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got the same problem replaced my engine. Started it ran fine had some coolant issues because cap was no sealed properly on reservoir. Left the car off for one day. Now it won’t start starter clicks but doesn’t turn engine over. I have a big 3 kit. I noticed the guys who installed engine put the positive wire on the positive terminal of the starter but I took it off and changed too alternator still no change in no start results. I also took starter out and hooked it up to battery with cables and I touched a screw driver to other lead. It does engage and spin I checked all my relays and fuses all good. I did check wires for mice didn’t see any damage. I do have P0621 generator L on my ecm dtc code. But I have same problems as forum starter push to start all lights go off except engine dtc and it takes awhile for the dash to power itself back on along with radio then lights come back on. I did turn in my battery to for a new one. Still no crank. Took the belt off to nothing is stopping engine from spinning. So lost and over this car had it since 12 I love it. This problem is just annoying as hell. Car was just running fine then this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
250 amp was blown got a new one yesterday I’m afraid I blew it again as the voltages are different on each side again new one was 12./12. Before I tried starting it again. Hope someone can help us or one of us figures this out before we have to go to the dealer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts