Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
(this is my first post)

I have a 2011 Cruze LTZ 1.4t that’s throwing 0171, 1101 and 0299 codes. I’ve been told that my car probably has a vacuum leak but Idon’t know where to begin looking.... I also did check the vent hole on top of the valve cover, but when I place my finger over it I began hearing a squealing noise and the noise does stop as soon as I removed my finger from the hole. I don’t have a clue where to start.... anyone else have any of these engine codes? How did you fix them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
You should look at your intake manifold and your valve cover. If you don't want to keep replacing them you need to get the PCV fix kit v1 or v2, to repair the part in the intake manifold. You will need to replace the valve cover after you deal with the PCV issue, because the Valve cover has the vacuum diaphragm in it. I started getting the 0171 and 1101 when mine went bad, but evidently it had been causing problems for a while with acceleration.

Pull the Ecotec top off, remove the wire loom and unbolt the spark plug DIS and see if there is oil in your spark plug wells. That will tell you that you have a problem. It might also sound like a belt squeaking after warming up and idling or decelerating.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response! So I was told that the 3 codes are probably all linked to a vacuum leak.... does that sound right?

·
Super Moderator
6,967 Posts
Hey guys!
(this is my first post)

I have a 2011 Cruze LTZ 1.4t that’s throwing 0171, 1101 and 0299 codes. I’ve been told that my car probably has a vacuum leak but Idon’t know where to begin looking.... I also did check the vent hole on top of the valve cover, but when I place my finger over it I began hearing a squealing noise and the noise does stop as soon as I removed my finger from the hole. I don’t have a clue where to start.... anyone else have any of these engine codes? How did you fix them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!
Read these to start

2011-2016 Cruze Limited 1.4L PCV System Explained

2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe I’m having the same issue with my 2013 Cruze LT but I only have the 0171 code but when I looked it up it said I may need a new oxygen sensor?? Another problem I ran into earlier is when I went to get gas the car acted like it diddnt want to start and then after 15 seconds it started but was idling weird And also the car shifts like 5 times is that normal does anyone know how to fix this problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts