Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I Bought a 2011 Chevy Cruz 1.4 L turbo ATM About 3-4 months ago Three days after I bought it I Immediately found out about the PVC problem that all of these have but hey it was only 3grand and 79k miles and the body and than 45k on the engine So I wasn’t mad about it anyways I started throwing mods on it air intake new oil feed line bypassed the bypass for the turbo, muffler delete and replaced exhaust resonator with a cherry bomb and it was running great for about 2 months with all this done but last night I changed my air filter and than woke up this morning and went out for a drive so normally I get about 15psi in BOOST but today I was only getting about 8-9psi so I opened the hood back up took the turbo/exhaust heat shield off and had my girlfriend rev it up a couple of times and this is what I noticed. The wastegate actuator arm wasn’t pushing the boost wastegate open and closed in fact it wasn’t moving at all!! Does it move when in park/neutral or does the car have to actually be moving for the wastegate to open and close now I’ve tried to look this up many times google YouTube and here Couldn’t find anything but I thought it could be that wastegate actuator piece but then I started looking more into the other parts that connect to the turbocharger like the Solenoids and Bpv could these other parts be the problem or is it the waste gate actuator? Again the wastegate actuator arm isn’t moving and I checked the wastegate on the turbo and that moves back and forth so that isn’t stuck open or closed

·
Registered
286 Posts
8-9 lbs is roughly the opening pressure of the wastegate spring... I would make sure the wastegate is working properly adjusted(actuator arm). Or the boost controller solenoid is not working correctly.
Reving it in neutral it will not really boost a lot unless your really giving it the beans on the pedal.

Check vacuum lines as well. Hole in the line equals no holding the waste gate closed... so it will be opened by the exhaust overcoming the balancing spring in the wastegate actuator 8psi is a standard pressure range for this.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Bpv and piping.... for leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts