Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son (17) is about ready to ditch a 2002 Vw Jetta that has been killing us !! A dealer is offering us a 2011 Cruze...I think it's a 1LT. Thoughts? Does it have bluetooth. I have been researching this car all night and can;t figure out what it has and what it doesn't??

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,537 Posts
I would advise going for a 2012 or newer if you want an automatic.

2011s had short gearing that makes for less than stellar highway fuel economy for a small car, and the transmissions were also known for jerky shifting.

If it's a manual, any year should be a taker - try to get the service history, etc.

·
16,537 Posts
Drive it, see what you/your son think of the transmission. If it is livable, go for it.

A fresh fluid change would probably help immensely (really should be done every 30-40k) - you should be able to negotiate one into the deal if you do decide to sign for the car.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
According to Edmonds.com, the 1LT doesn't have Bluetooth as part of it's standard package. (It is there in the 2LT and LTZ class) But that doesn't mean it wasn't an added option. Or that a dealer can't add it.

You can read the owner's manual here and play with it to see if the Bluetooth feature appears to be installed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Drive it!

If your Jetta is a 1.8T or VR6, It's probably not going to be that interesting. But if it is a 2-point-slow or a 1.9TDi, I'm sure you will find the Cruze favorable.

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
1FL is a Fleet vehicle. This most likely means that it's missing things such as OnStar and steering wheel mounted radio controls. Fleet Cruze are stripped down versions of the 1LT.

·
Registered
660 Posts
1FL is a Fleet vehicle. This most likely means that it's missing things such as OnStar and steering wheel mounted radio controls. Fleet Cruze are stripped down versions of the 1LT.
That's why they're giving you such good trade in, they don't want this car lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
Be weary of those fleet vehicles. My father used to work for a company that gave out company cars. After 3-4 years when the lease was up, the company that they did the leasing through would give you a checklist and at the bottom asked if you would personally by this car or not and why.

If the car got a yes, you could find it for sale on the leasing company's website, if it got a no with a list of reasons/problems why, it would never be heard of again, probably shipped off to another part of the country, with the new owner none the wiser. You never know which you'll get, so use caution.

·
Registered
110 Posts
from the pics i see no stereo controls but cruze control .. maybe because its a 2011 idk .. i would drive it and literally check all the features to see if it has bluetooth etc good deal or not not worth getting something you are not happy with

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would advise going for a 2012 or newer if you want an automatic.

2011s had short gearing that makes for less than stellar highway fuel economy for a small car, and the transmissions were also known for jerky shifting.
Might explain why I managed to overtake a newer Cruze LT after the on ramp...
I have a 2011 1LT, auto. (editted...saw pics, no bluetooth)

Be sure recalls have been done (including optional) and drive car. If it has rattles on a smooth road or any vibration while cruising (other than road transfer), then I would consider a different car. I've had my car since it had 14 miles on it. Some small issues, but they were not terribly expensive.

·
16,537 Posts
Might explain why I managed to overtake a newer Cruze LT after the on ramp...
I have a 2011 1LT, auto. (editted...saw pics, no bluetooth)

Be sure recalls have been done (including optional) and drive car. If it has rattles on a smooth road or any vibration while cruising (other than road transfer), then I would consider a different car. I've had my car since it had 14 miles on it. Some small issues, but they were not terribly expensive.
Yep, they were definitely the quickest (automatic) model year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts