Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got about 500 miles from home had a cel come on and the dreaded poor def quality countdown light. Not the first for either. Took to a unknown dealer and was told that it had codes p20ee and p22fe. They informed me that it needed a nox sensor and the p20ee code needs a reflash to the ecm and a manual regen, And def fluid test... none the less it was going to be a $1000 bill. I told them not to touch it, ordered a new nox sensor. Going to trailer it home next week and put the new nox sensor in. Any info/ ideas to the dealers insight? Love the car. But this may be the final straw. Btw car has 42k miles

·
Registered
355 Posts
Reviewing the information for the CEL codes you mentioned, it looks like the only issue you have is that your number 2 NOx sensor is having an issue with the sensing element. Most likely the sensor is shot. The other code (P20EE) is most likely related to the bad sensor, along with your poor DEF message (although this can be a separate issue, the first thing you have to tackle is the sensor). There is a service bulletin related to this code as well that states that it can be caused by a software anomaly, but I would change the NOx sensor and see where that leaves you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that's my plan. Got the sensor coming for $230. That's a long way from the $1000 dollar bill they were going to have me pay. Anyone know what a dealership usally charges for a reflash for a new software update? Should be free since the know there's a problem with the old, in my opinion

·
Registered
355 Posts
Shouldn't be more than 100 or 200, but it's not something I would worry about unless you still have issues after the sensor change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts