Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Ported Intake Manifold

1755 13
Is there enough room to port the intake without fully removing it?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

The Nuclear Option
You need to remove the intake from the engine bay to port it. The intake manifold isn't that difficult to remove. You can actually remove the manifold, fuel rail, and throttle body as an assembly if you want to.

Here's a tutorial:

Registered
2013 Cruze LT

Registered
2014 Buick Encore Leather Ecotec 1.4 Turbo AWD
Won't the engine computers adjust the air/fuel ratio to certain parameters anyway ? IOW, when you add more airflow, the computer adjust fuel and vice/versa so you really don't get more power.

Registered
2013 Cruze LT
Won't the engine computers adjust the air/fuel ratio to certain parameters anyway ? IOW, when you add more airflow, the computer adjust fuel and vice/versa so you really don't get more power.
I think you answered your own question in the last sentence. You get more airflow so the computer sends more fuel. More fuel and air equals more power.

Registered
I can verify you get more power from a ported intake manifold, specially around mid rpm range. I cant wait to see what happens once i slap a tune on it. 馃枛

Premium Member
Removal is simple enough just take your time, the hardest hose to remove is a 1/4" vaccuum line that is connected directly on the bottom of the manifold itself but could be done with some skinny hands lol

Registered
2013 Cruze LT
Removal is simple enough just take your time, the hardest hose to remove is a 1/4" vaccuum line that is connected directly on the bottom of the manifold itself but could be done with some skinny hands lol
I take that off after I unbolt the manifold. It鈥檚 plenty long enough.

Registered
2014 Buick Encore Leather Ecotec 1.4 Turbo AWD
I think you answered your own question in the last sentence. You get more airflow so the computer sends more fuel. More fuel and air equals more power.
No. I didn't say it sends more fuel or more air. I said it adjusts to what it is getting. You will wind up with the same output. Tuned is different. Stock tune can't be fooled simply by adding more air or more fuel.

Registered
2013 Cruze LT
No. I didn't say it sends more fuel or more air. I said it adjusts to what it is getting. You will wind up with the same output. Tuned is different. Stock tune can't be fooled simply by adding more air or more fuel.
"when you add more airflow, the computer adjust fuel and vice/versa so you really don't get more power."

????????????

You are saying with more air flow the computer will adjust for more fuel and less airflow less fuel. More air and fuel equals more power. Help me understand where you're coming from.

The Nuclear Option
@Thebigzeus and @2014 Encore this thread is not about the merits of a ported intake manifold. The OP asked if there was space to port the manifold without removing it. Which the answer to that question is no. Since this thread has gotten off topic and I can see it is going downhill, this thread is now closed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.