Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the past year or so I have noticed that my car will throw the lights signaling me to service my traction control and also the stability track. This only seems to happen after where I live at has had a lot of rain. Also, my RPM gauge will no longer read and the arrow sits at 0. This always happens when I drive too, my car kinda lurches forward and my RPMS go up to 6 all the while maintaining a steady speed. When I turn my car off then turn it back on later that day if I go to work or just leave my car sit for awhile, the lights will be off, the messages on my dash are gone as well, and my RPM gauge is back to normal. Today, after receiving a ton of rain last night, I'm driving home and the lights came on again and my RPM gauge stopped working. This time though my car started to hesitate if I accelerated. I couldn't go past 30 MPH! I immediately pulled over and shut my car off. Sat for a couple minutes, started it back up. No lights, codes, and gauge worked normal! What in the f*** could be this be? I'm taking it in to my mechanic next Friday but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem too. I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze LS. Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,593 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,593 Posts
It could be possible the fuse block connections are corroding as well. This video will show how to remove and replace it. Use a pencil eraser to clean the connections.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your help! I did not realize anyone had responded to my last post I had made over 10 months ago so my mistake! Hopefully that bulletin is the reason for my problems I'm having and I can get it fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts