2015 CTD
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Says for the LUZ and they ship to USA.

·
Registered
2014 Cruze TD
1,006 Posts
That's interesting. Are the specs the same as the US version though? I know Europe is more strict with emissions than US. But it's marketed as Cruze specifically and not Opel or Vauxhall, so maybe it would work. Lots of money to test though :)

·
Premium Member
2015 CTD
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting. Are the specs the same as the US version though? I know Europe is more strict with emissions than US. But it's marketed as Cruze specifically and not Opel or Vauxhall, so maybe it would work. Lots of money to test though :)
Yeah hopefully if somebody pursues this and reports back.

·
Premium Member
2015 CTD
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wonder if the size (width) is any different. As well all know, the space for the DPF is not very wide as the DPF sits snug between the fan and the engine.
Gotta ask them. I'm gonna say it most likely is the exact same dpf. All the ones on back order are probably coming from Europe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 2014 Gen 1 2.0 CTD needs a dpf! Just had the dpf replaced at chevy dealer ONE year before it went into limp mode..again! Cant register car wont pass smog. So far have spent $1800 then dealer tells me it needs a new dpf. They've replaced turbo parts, hoses, diff press sensor, particulate sensor, nox sensor!$$$. My car is stuck in dealer repair shop for Dpf replacement on back order for 5 MONTHS now!!! Still no ETA!! GM representative calls me once a week to tell me SORRY but no change yet. How did GM/Chevy allow this to happen??? I will think 10 times before I ever buy another GM product.

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,007 Posts
You perhaps haven't heard of the massive supply chain issues affecting literally everyone right now?

That's how. It has nothing to do with GM. You go tell the suppliers to produce something with materials/parts they can't get and let me know how that works out. ;)

Sure just sounds like you should have found a different dealer if they were throwing parts at it like that. As @Snipesy always says - it's practically never the DPF.

Reactions: Tomko
1 - 7 of 7 Posts