Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
The main problem with the Pioneer system is it takes a lot of adjusting to get it to sound good. But when properly adjusted, I think it is well worth the upgrade over the base radio. With my settings, I get good quality sound from all seating positions in my Cruze, with slightly more bass for rear passengers(but not overwhelmingly so). Note: I listen to classic rock/rock mainly, so slight adjustments to your Bass/Mid/Treble may be necessary depending on your music preference, but the fade should be the same.
Bass: +3 clicks from the bottom
Mid: dead center (no adjustment)
Treble: +2 clicks from middle position
Fade: -6 clicks from middle position (towards rear)

A couple of extras: I noticed that if I lean my leg against the door while in the rear seat, my leg blocks the speaker. But if I give a little space by adjusting to a different, but still comfortable, seating position it doesn't block the sound. I imagine this would be a similar problem with the base radio. Yes, rear passengers will get more bass due to the setup of the system speakers (2 rear deck speakers are bass only), but properly adjusting the radio can mitigate this. The Pioneer system creates a forward sound stage, as if you were at a concert. This is why it may feel like the system is so front biased. But when you accept what the system is trying to do, you can enjoy it much more. I personally love the Pioneer sound system in my Cruze and feel it was worth the cost. But I have not really listened to rap or bass oriented music, so it may perform differently with that kind of music. My advice is to take some dedicated time and play around with the settings.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've come to basically those exact settings on mine on my own, except I embrace the front sound stage and don't fade toward the rear so much. I also like the way my car sounds (for a stock system).

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
What I would like to do is add a 5-channel amp to power the stock speakers, you should look into this as well. Its a really simple job because the cruze keeps a speaker wire "jumper box" in the driver-side footwell. Tap onto each speaker from there and done.

Reactions: .Cody

·
Registered
154 Posts
What I would like to do is add a 5-channel amp to power the stock speakers, you should look into this as well. Its a really simple job because the cruze keeps a speaker wire "jumper box" in the driver-side footwell. Tap onto each speaker from there and done.
What about 2 subs and an amp? Any easy way to wire that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts