Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just a quick question. I have noticed some oil on my engine recently but can't seem to locate the source. It seems to be showing up several inches behind the filter housing almost as if my mechanic dripped oil when they removed the old filter. I have cleaned it off but it looks like it may be showing up again and towards the section of the engine closest to the windshield. The seepage is very minor and there is no oil on any other place in the engine bay whatsoever. I just can't seem to locate anything that high on the engine to leak. Any places or hoses on the backside and driver's side of the engine to check?Oh well, if this is my only issue today then it is a good day. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
354 Posts
o_O

Oil filter is the highest point of the oil circuit on that side of the engine.
Other then valve cover leaking...

Are you manual or automatic?
Auto have oil cooler lines that could leak?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car is automatic. I was thinking maybe a hose loose or something such as that. Valve cover looks okay as far as I can tell. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did some more research and found pics identical to what I am seeing under my hood. Small amount of oil can seep out of throttle body and from what I am finding from my research a lot of modern engines can do this and there really is no remedy. I will just clean it from time to time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.