Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of habit, I always periodically inspect my car, (no matter how new it is or old) for anything defects or chips and rust. Well I guess being that paranoid and observant has paid off because I have discovered what looks like possible rust forming on a car that's only a 2011 and gets washed regularly, waxed, clay bared, and detailed inside and out.

this is occurring on the inside lip of the trunk lid, ironically above the factory applied seam sealing used to prevent rust from forming at the seams of where the edges of metal meet that form the various parts of the trunk, doors, etc. Is this even close to normal? Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just paint bubbling or am
i likely to see rust under there? This is such a disappointment. I was very proud of the efforts made by GM at protecting this car from corrosion.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Almost looks like weld splatter to me.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When touching the bubbles i find the are soft to the touch indicating the are in fact paint bubbles. My next question is, are they bubbles from misapplied paint or bubbles from rust forming? I really can't see this being rust. I've also seen numerous times on here people mentioning mistakes on the paint of their cruze from factory. Maybe this is a case of one of those misapplied paint areas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts