Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone:) Well i seen silverrram323 post on the 2012 Glove Box light and thought i would just purchase the light because it was only $4.32 for me but found that the wire is no longer there:( so my question is.. does anyone have a Soultion to making a light in the glove box? Maybe with the light i purchased? Any Thoughts Are Appreciated:)
2015-11-28 18.24.00.jpg

Eric

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Does that kit come with a pressure (push to turn off) switch like you find in your refrigerator? If so you should be able to tap into the 12v DC in the center console (cable actually comes up from the center console on the passenger side).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does but how would i figure out which wire is the one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you own a test light, or a multi-meter/DVOM (digital volt ohm meter)? Just find a wire with 12volts with the key off and key on. If you are unsure how to use one you may want to get help from someone with a little more knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
if it has that button you could get get one of those "Add a circuit" fuse taps and plug it into a 12v constant in the fuse box for power.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Do you own a test light, or a multi-meter/DVOM (digital volt ohm meter)? Just find a wire with 12volts with the key off and key on. If you are unsure how to use one you may want to get help from someone with a little more knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
I don't know as that's a good idea anymore. You might discover you've tapped into the airbag system or something bad. Just because a wire has +12V, doesn't mean there's enough power to run a light bulb.

The add a fuse is a better, safer way.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I went to look for the wire harness in my 2014 Cruze Disesl after reading that thread you mentioned and also found it no longer was there. Let me know how this turns out for you. I'd also like to add a glovebox light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts