Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, loving my Cruze LTZ but always have that thirst for more power. :cool:
My current performance mods (so to speak) are: Intake res. bypass, K&N drop in panel filter, gapped plugs to .031, and I already run 93 octane.

Future planned mods: Injen CAI, Trifecta premium tune, and possibly looking at exhaust/dp/mp (when the money comes, only 20 here with bills and school to pay for :tongue:)

What would these mods put the whp at (roughly)?
And what other mods would get me close to that 180-200whp mark without losing drivability and reliability?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
reliability wont be a problem. There are a number of these motors putting out over 200 HP at the wheels.And they seem to hold up fine adult driven

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the e85 tune, what would the mpg loss be? If it's a big loss it defeats the purpose of buying this car lol. But if it won't hurt the reliability of the car and longevity of the engine I'm down for e85

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
With E85 Driveability is nothing to write home to mother about.And fuel mileage takes a far hit.Meth would be far better to go with and great driveability and fuel mileage

·
Registered
647 Posts
my last dyno was 198whp and 246wtq. I run meth...but want to run meth and e-85.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can somebody explain water/meth injection to me? I'm not all too familiar with how it works. would it require refilling of fluids, and when to inject? is this all determined by a tune? and for everyday daily driving does water/meth affect anything?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Focus on your goals. People get hung up on whp numbers but in fact they should be focusing on torque on low RPM range. Torque is king when is comes to street driving. Want proof? Go drive a Civic Si. It has not balls off the line (4 gear is where it picks up).

That said also investigate each bolt on carefully. An exhaust in this car will not yield much whp or tq. DP on the other hand is important.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm honestly interested in faster 0-60mph times more than the total whp, but don't most mods help both aspects anyways? giantsnation, why is the DP so important on this car?

sorry for all of these nooby questions, but I haven't really modded cars before

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm honestly interested in faster 0-60mph times more than the total whp, but don't most mods help both aspects anyways? giantsnation, why is the DP so important on this car?
e
The stock exhaust is fairly efficient but the main restrictor is that stock dp. Not only does it lock in heat because it basically is a cat, but also the cat is very restrictive. Plus with a catless one like BNR's (i have) you can hear the awesome turbo spool noise better :redface::redface::redface::redface:

·
Registered
163 Posts

Im running almost all bolt ons and this car is totally different from stock, its fun and exciting to drive. Id def go meth injection. I hve the snow performance stage 2 kit (BNR also sells) and its awesome. at like 5k when you normally would start to let up a little it gives you MORE!

Water/meth is injected into your charge tube right before your throttle body and is activated by the MAF sensor output signal (green and white wire) well at least thats how my kit works. You do refill it usually you top off the resovoir it comes with every tank of gas depending on your driving style. IF youre getting on it all the time and have your controller setup to come on early then you will need to fill it more often. Best bet is to just order a case of boost juice and just top off when you get gas.

·
Registered
647 Posts
yes water/meth is very advance and requires a good bit of knowledge. Started with Tune, Intake (other than Injen), Exhaust. Just about all the bolt on parts will be in the single digests for wheel power.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The stock exhaust is fairly efficient but the main restrictor is that stock dp. Not only does it lock in heat because it basically is a cat, but also the cat is very restrictive. Plus with a catless one like BNR's (i have) you can hear the awesome turbo spool noise better :redface::redface::redface::redface:
definitely gonna have to grab me a DP then. can you install it yourself or does it have to be done professionally?

yes water/meth is very advance and requires a good bit of knowledge. Started with Tune, Intake (other than Injen), Exhaust. Just about all the bolt on parts will be in the single digests for wheel power.
you cant put a water/meth kit in with an Injen intake?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I would say the master of meth injection and the tuning for it is Vtuner.He has had a tune and systems for a few years available.You might want to email him about what works good on these cars

·
Registered
647 Posts
definitely gonna have to grab me a DP then. can you install it yourself or does it have to be done professionally?

you cant put a water/meth kit in with an Injen intake?
what are you trying to say

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what are you trying to say
For which part? I wanted to know if the down pipe is something you can install yourself or not. And The other question was you mentioned that you start with an intake(other than injen) then water meth. Why not injen

·
Registered
647 Posts
injen has a way of messing with the MAF sensor readings. It can be tuned out...But i found out the hard way and once my water/meth was installed...which needs a perfect MAF senor reading that the injen caused more problems than i wanted. So i switched to the K&N intake. MUCH MUCH better for me.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
injen has a way of messing with the MAF sensor readings. It can be tuned out...But i found out the hard way and once my water/meth was installed...which needs a perfect MAF senor reading that the injen caused more problems than i wanted. So i switched to the K&N intake. MUCH MUCH better for me.
So how do you like the k&n? I have been considering that one since it seems to be an easier install and less issues (maf problems/hydrolock), and just put a dry cone filter on it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts